Manager of Market Technology
Valley Center, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Real Estate & Property
Responsible for developing innovative and cost effective solutions which focus on driving efficiencies, improving guest experience, increasing employee productivity and growing revenues.
- 5-7 years work experience in delivering value added technology-based solutions to business requirements.
- Extensive experience in business analysis, business process improvement, technology insertion management and operational support, planning and budgeting required.
- Comprehensive understanding of:
- Production operating systems,
- Transaction processing systems, r
- Relational database architecture,
- Wide and local area networks,
- Communication protocols,
- Real-time systems,
- Mission-critical gaming systems,
- IT industry standards, as well as various types of computer terminal equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Drive continuous improvement in IT environment at property, seeking to leverage corporate standards or bringing up new ideas for review e.g. consolidation, virtualization etc.
• Drive vendor management and seek opportunities for cost reduction at property.
• Focus on improving overall system performance and uptime.
• Develop business case for initiatives following the established process and rigor e.g. create NPV/IRR analysis.
• Drive operational stability, optimization and efficiency
• Staff management
• Manage the monitoring and performance of all market based Computer Systems, executing appropriate escalation and corrective actions for all hardware and software problems in accordance with pre-defined service agreements.
• Ensure the market level execution of operations, support, and change management processes and procedures.
• Leads the development of IT Plans, technical strategies, business continuity/disaster recovery and budget plans as they relate to their market.
• Responsible for life cycle management of IT resources and assets
• Directly responsible for capacity planning (including monitoring, analyzing, synthesizing and documenting) on all property based systems to ensure that response time and application availability meet the documented requirements and satisfy the property's needs.
• Manages market portion of company-wide I.T. initiatives, projects, roll-outs, etc. when necessary.
• Build strong partnerships & relationships with Senior Leadership, Managers, Supervisors and vendors - Leadership, Transparency and Collaboration are Key Success Factors
• Ensure Standards compliance and management, drive Enterprise Standards and ensure all products and services are certified and authorized to be placed into production
• Direct IT Planning & Budget Review Strategy Sessions via monthly budget reviews, as well as capital and operating plan reviews
• Understands and is well-versed with both the business, as well as corporate roadmaps and strategy. Remain fluent with property, corporate and market events as well as external environmental forces. Remain well-versed with local regulatory requirements.
• Staff Development - Develop & nurture a talent pool of Property Engineer positioned for Market Technology Manager Role
• Represent property interests on, and locally deploy, enterprise solutions
• Champion local innovations and solutions to meet local business drivers within the framework of acceptable standards
• Collaborate with Corporate PMO and other initiative, project, and technical teams to minimize redundant work and eliminate rogue solution development/deployment at the property level
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
• Must be able to work independently. Ability to read, writes, speak, and understand English.
• Must be able to bend, crouch, kneel, and twist in the work area.
• Respond to visual and aural cues.
• Must be able to operate a computer, typewriter, overhead, copier, and fax machine.
• Must have manual dexterity to operate all office equipment.
• Must be able to recognize and respond to individuals with questions.
Harrah's reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Preference is given to qualified Rincon tribal members and members of other federally recognized tribes.