Manager, Client Experience
Standard Chartered Bank
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- To ensure that complaints / client feedback are handled in a professional manner so as to recover client's confidence in the Bank and where possible turn complaints into compliment; and to safeguard the Bank's good image in the public.
- To reinforce the Bank's integrity and reputation.
- To identify and escalate to senior management of relevant functions / businesses any potential threats, risks and areas for improvements so as to improve client experience, mitigate risks and enhance compliance.
- To handle written complaints and verbal complaints referred from other departments and / or directly from clients.
- To ensure timely investigation / resolution according to pre-defined standards, proper case resolution and case closure, and timely logging in the system for clear and complete record purposes. Offer guidance and coaching as appropriate.
- To ensure the following standards / requirements are met:
- Ensure all complaints have gone through proper and appropriate level of investigation, analysis, escalation and reflection, and if possible, rectification by applying the available resources / authority.
- Ensure premium service is provided to complainants in the following areas: Ease of contact, Sincere and professional attitude, Prompt acknowledgment and reply (in accordance with Regulator's requirement and pre-defined Service Standards), Proper handling (e.g. offering reasonable and effective resolution) and Clear communication.
- Ensure that the resolution, which can be an apology and/or explanation and/or compensation, is appropriate to clients. At the same time, censor all responses / letters to clients, ensuring that the relevant complaint issues are addressed and the letter contents comply with relevant criteria for the safeguarding of the Bank's interests.
- Identify potential threats, frauds and high impact / high risk cases that require immediate rectification/improvement and ensure that they are timely escalated to the relevant parties for actions and/or follow-up actions.
- Identify business / improvement opportunities, escalate to relevant parties and assist with the design of preventive measures as appropriate.
- To raise alert if similar complaints repeat significantly and / or suggest a developing trend or ineffectiveness of previous preventive actions.
- To build team rapport and share good practices with own team members and other teams in the Client Experience.
- To ensure self-compliance and lead team members on compliance with internal policies and external regulations.
- To support Director / Associate Director of Client Experience on the professional running of the Client Experience and provide cross team support as necessary.
- Identify improvement opportunities, participate or lead initiatives from time to time as the circumstances require.
- To work closely with key stakeholders and maintain good working relationship.
- Turnaround time - percentage of complaints resolved within pre-defined service standards
- Complaint logging / case closure - timeliness and quality (QA / CST)
- Achieve / sustain high client satisfaction on problem handling (OHS survey)
- Compliance with internal policies and relevant regulations e.g. IC-4
- Contribute to sustaining a high client satisfaction / loyalty index
- Reduce escalation of client complaints to regulators
- Morale and satisfaction of the CE team as reflected in Q12 or similar staff engagement index
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.