Green Country Behavioral Health Services, Inc.
Muskogee, Oklahoma, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Perform work involving the skills necessary for the upkeep, maintenance and cleaning of the agency and the agency property.
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Essential Job Functions
· Must have a firm belief in recovery principles and practices.
· Commits to always act in the best interest of the agency.
· Presents a welcoming environment to the people we serve.
· Understands and adheres to our philosophy of "No Wrong Door" - we are the right place at the right time for the client.
o We assume the client wants help at this time - regardless of their past
o Clients seeking help have had a change of attitude
o There are no restrictions on diagnosis for treatment
· Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
· Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
· Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
· Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
· Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
· Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
· Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
· Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
· Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, hand tools, and power tools.
· Plan and lay out repair work, using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
· Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
· Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
· Paints and repairs roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of the buildings structures.
· Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts
· Operates vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to follow written as well as oral instructions with little or no supervision
· Customer service orientated
· Team player
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative
· Dependability and trustworthy - maintain confidential
· Participates in staff meetings, conferences, training sessions, and workshops as requested.
· Must complete all mandatory and required trainings, on-time, upon orientation and annually thereafter.
· Performs other program-related assignments as designated Shirley Henry-Operations Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
· Can articulate and model the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing both internally and externally.
· Must be task and detail-oriented.
· High School Diploma or GED and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Requires a current Oklahoma driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and verification of vehicle liability insurance.
· Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls.
· Must have the ability to stand; stoop; walk; kneel; crouch; and reach with hands and arms. Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Must be able to work in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures.
· Position includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
· Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
· Ability to obtain pest control license.
· Must be available to be on call 24/7.
- Must be able to drive a private vehicle or agency vehicle and possess a valid driver's license, current valid insurance verification, and pass a MVR.
- Travel and out of office work required. Therefore, individual initiative and integrity is a must. Will be exposed to normal traffic hazards.
· Must be able to drive a private vehicle or agency vehicle and possess a valid driver's license, current vehicle insurance and pass a MVR.
· Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
The Maintenance Worker will perform necessary work as required by the Operations Manager.