Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
DISH is a Fortune 250 company with more than $13 billion in annual revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.Job Duties and Responsibilities
Dish Technologies Digital Broadcast Centers provide advanced online video delivery and satellite video delivery for broadcasters and pay-TV operators across North America. Through our network of uplink centers, these world-class facilities are also home to Dish's 24/7 traffic, technical operations, and satellite access centers.
Dish Technologies is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join the Facilities team at ourCheyenne, WY facility. The Broadcast Center consists of 4 buildings on a 50 acre campus.
- Performs office moves and furniture reconfiguration.
- Delivers and assembles office furniture and/or workstations.
- Performs light demolition of walls and/or flooring in preparation of repair and/or remodeling.
- Repairs, patches, finishes and paints premises.
- Repairs furniture, receiver racks and other items as necessary.
- Cleans carpets, upholstered furniture and paneling.
- Performs landscaping, snow removal and general cosmetic grounds maintenance.
- Transports trash, wastes and recycle bins to disposal area.
- Sets up tables, chairs and audio-visual equipment for meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
#Skills - Experience and Requirements
The successful Facilities Technician will have:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years related experience, including the use of standard maintenance related power tools and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years Commercial and /or industrial maintenance experience required with 1-year experience in a critical facility.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- May require intermediate computer expertise, including use of database, word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Both indoor and outdoor working environment and in all types of weather conditions.
- Typical work week is Monday - Friday, 8 hours/day
- Must be able to sit, stand, crawl, and climb ladders for extended periods.