Maintenance Electrical Technician
Balsham, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Omya is a leading global producer of industrial minerals - mainly fillers and pigments derived from calcium carbonate and dolomite - and a worldwide distributor of speciality chemicals. The company's major markets are forest products (fibre based products such as paper, board and tissue) polymers, building materials (paints, coatings, sealants, adhesives and construction) as well as life sciences (food, feed, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, environment and agriculture). Founded in 1884 in Switzerland, Omya has a global presence extending to more than 180 locations in over 50 countries with 8000 employees. Our plant at Steeple Morden, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Electrical Technician.
The main objective of the role is to maintain and optimise production and quality of the plant by ensuring maintenance of machinery with due respect to cost whilst maintaining a safe environment.
* Health and Safety for the preventive maintenance and execution operations of electrical tasks: risk assessments and method statements, site inspections, contractor supervision when required To partake in accident and near miss investigations, compliance with standards such as fire, electrical rooms working practice, energy isolation, work at height…
* To execute the electrical equipment specific inspections on a daily, weekly and monthly basis in full compliance with plant specific inspection master-plan.
* To execute the walk-by-inspection for electrical equipment (transformers, MCC, PLC, Motors, FC, sensors, cabinets, field cables...) on weekly and monthly basis in full compliance with walk-by-inspectionroute.
* To guide and assist (when necessary) the production operators in performing and improving the walk-by-inspection process (detection of possible issues) through training and coaching.
* To analyze equipment performance (results of measurements, trends, sensors accuracy) on a weekly basis identifying the possible risks and issuing work order notification and proposing clear actions to resolve.
* To complete on site the weekly scheduled jobs ensuring H&S practice, quality of the job, cleanliness of working environment to the required standard.
* To validate and close the jobs in SAP after execution proposing improvements and sharing the practice.
* To actively contribute to Root Cause Analysis proposing actions to mitigate the equipment failure re-occurrence.
* To respond to out of hour breakdowns as required.
Education/ experiences/ skills/ competencies required:-
* Proven experience in electrical maintenance of equipment
* Time served Electrician
* Electrical engineering HND/C preferred
* Knowledge of Schnieder PLC Automation (ladder or function block)
* Mechanical experience would be advantageous
* Knowledge of Pneumatics would be advantageous
* Problem solving skills to identify and correct plant issues and deficiencies.
* Analytical skills a must to interpret data and trends.
* Able to work in a team as well as individually
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent