Learning Support Assistant Required - Leicestershire
Empowering Learning 70.00 British Pound . GBP Per day
Anstey, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Education
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant specialising in supporting pupils with special needs in a great school based in Leicestershire
The school is for students of various abilities, ranging from moderate learning difficulties to complex and profound needs. The post requires a talented SEND TA / LSA who is flexible, enthusiastic and dedicated to supporting children with special educational needs to join their team of dedicated staff.
The needs of some pupils are complex, so applicants must have at least 6 months experience working in a similar environment. Due to the nature of some of the the pupils attending the school, the role will require personal care which will include hygiene and feeding, the school also have a hydrotherapy pool where you would be expected to support pupils in.
You will need to feel confident within a classroom environment and be able to take direction from a class teacher in addition to working as a team with the other Learning Support Assistants /Teaching Assistants.
The role will include:
* Under the direction of the class teacher and using specialist knowledge or experience, support pupils' learning using strategies appropriate to the needs of the pupils and provide modified resources as and when required.
* Promoting the independence in learning and personal care needs.
*Support pupils' in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom; using initiative to develop and implement actions that will promote the integration of the pupil with his/her peers. *Helping the class teacher with pupil observation by contributing to the monitoring, recording and assessment of pupil progress.
* Attending to pupil's personal needs, including social, emotional, health and welfare matters
The successful applicant will benefit from:
* Competitive rates of pay
* Support from a dedicated team of consultants
* An excellent referral scheme
* Access to a range of unique positions in our schools.
If you are experienced in the SEND or Healthcare sector and committed to supporting children or young adults with additional needs, we want to hear from you. Please submit your CV or you can contact Jeshma directly on (phone number removed) or drop an email to (url removed)