Learning Content Developer
Tonbridge, Kent, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Education
Learning Content Developer (LCD)
FTC Maternity cover/24-30 hours per week/10 months
Do you have a passion for developing online learning? Are you interested in creating engaging and impactful digital learning materials? If yes and you have some instructional design experience or within a related field, then please read further and apply via the appropriate application button. The role comes with flexible hours that can be worked in a number of different ways. There is also opportunity for home working.
The successful incumbent will support the Learning Content and Design Manager (LCDM) in the successful development and continuous improvement of Jee's technical course portfolio which is delivered to external customers. More specifically the LCD will be responsible for supporting the LCDM in ensuring that course content and materials within the portfolio are available when required and are accurate, current and meet the stated learning objectives.
The role interfaces with third party learning technologists, Jee subject matter experts and the Jee courses operations team.
Development and maintenance
With support and direction from the LCDM:
* Determine the scope of course writing or updating requirements with input from subject matter experts and other relevant contacts (e.g. customers)
* Ensure materials supplied from SMEs meet the stated learning objectives and content requirements, providing feedback to the LCDM where required.
* Work with subject experts to transform base content into effective and engaging learning materials, using multiple learning transfer tools and techniques (both digital and traditional) in order to engage the audience as fully as possible.
* Assist the Courses operations team in the deployment of live-learning interventions as needed, for example in the support of webinars and live classrooms for blended learning.
* Act as Moodle administrator with regarding to content upload and maintenance.
Project management and interfaces
* Work effectively to ensure all project tasks are progressing in line with expectations
* Report regularly on progress to the LCDM
* Work closely with course co-ordination team to understand course development priorities
* SMEs both internal tutors, engineers and Jee freelance (external) tutors
* Jee courses operations and business development teams
* External third parties, such as learning technologists and digital content developers
* Jee Leadership team
Essential qualifications and experience
To be successful you will have:
* At least 1 years' experience in Instructional Design, Learning and Development or related discipline
* Experience of operating within a project management environment, working on multiple projects simultaneously
* Comfortable working with technical engineering content
* Advanced working knowledge of MS PowerPoint with a good understanding of Word and Excel
* Excellent writing skills; organised and methodical
* An interest in tackling basic programming challenges (with support) using HTML, CSS, and VBA
* A genuine interest in creating a good quality product, an attention to detail and care in what you do.
Desirable Qualifications and experience
* A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Education, Media or Communication
* Familiarity with Articulate Storyline 3
* A working knowledge and some experience of Moodle 2.1
* Design oriented with a creative flair
Salary & Benefits
* Competitive Salary
* Basic 34 days' leave including bank holidays plus further days for 3+ years' service
* Up to 6% matching employer pension contribution
* Private health care (option to extend to spouses and children)
* Group Income Protection
* Option to buy or sell up to 6 days of holiday per year
* Funded training and Sponsorship of professional membership
* Life Assurance (4 x salary)
* Free parking (worth approximately £900 per year)
* Additional optional benefits include: discounted gym membership, health screening, dental plan
Submit your CV by clicking "Apply Now"
Jee is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
For further information regarding our obligations to the protection of your personal data during the application stage, please refer to our website