Integrated Systems/Software Test Engineer
Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
NGSM are recruiting to build our current team of experienced engineers to meet the challenges of providing new integrated systems to meet our Customers needs. The Test Engineer role is crucial to ensure these systems are fully verified and validated in order meet the requirements to the Customers satisfaction.
This role is based at our New Malden site.
The V&V activities listed below are to be conducted by the Senior V&V engineers within the project V&V team:
- Prepare, conduct and report test activities for integrated control systems.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Technical liaison with customers and suppliers as required.
- Liaison with other engineering functions involved in the delivery of the programme (Hardware, Mechanical, Software, ILS, etc.).
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of Conduct and contractual processes.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
The activities are to be conducted to meet time and quality targets as defined by the V&V Team Lead and Project Delivery Managers.
Please note for this particular role, all candidates must be eligible for SC - UK EYES ONLY clearance and therefore be a sole British National passport holder.
Skills & Experience
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience in software based integrated systems engineering, Control Systems engineering & Systems engineering lifecycle.
- Reporting test metrics, including test management tool experience
- Software testing experience of complex PLC based systems
- Fault diagnostic skills including fault identification and reporting
- Experience of Verification & Validation activities within a Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Technical report writing skills to produce documentation to a high standard
- Self-starter, to assign and execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Proficient user of MS office applications, Word, Excel etc.
- Experience in defining test requirements and test equipment
- Test Automation experience
- Familiar with IEC 61508
All of our roles require successful candidates to undergo and maintain a Baseline Personnel Security Standard and/or United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV) to obtain a Security Check (SC) without restrictions. Please note that in the event that the required clearance cannot be obtained you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
With over 100 years of history and expertise in navigation, we have established ourself as a major global provider of navigation solutions, including radars, compass systems, steering systems, speed logs, integrated bridge and control systems. We take pride in our commitment to provide 24/7support to all of our customers.
Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.
We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status, including race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.