Hays Human Resources
salary: 65000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Guildford, Surrey, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
Your new company
Our client, a large employer based in Guildford are soon to be going through a companywide transformation programme
This role is an initial 18-month fixed term contract to support and enable the implementation of the transformation programme.
Your new role
- The main aim of the role will be to ensure that the implementation timetable is achieved, working with the Programme Manager to hit key transformation milestones
- Manage the consultation process: leading the development of HR components of the consultation, managing the consultation timetable in detail and managing consultation responses as appropriate
- Expert HR advice on appointment process, redundancy and appeals at key points in the programme
- Provide HR advice and support on development of job descriptions for future roles
- Lead on designing the recruitment process and selection methodology for all affected staff
- Briefing staff on the recruitment process and impact on them
- Plan & deliver support and resilience programme for staff e.g. interview skills, CV updates
- Ensure effective tracking of all risks/issues/dependencies across the HR workstream, ensuring considerations both internal and external to HR (as appropriate) are taken into account
- Support and feedback for staff interviews during the recruitment process
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in managing a large-scale recruitment and selection process using job families and core behaviour as part of an organisation restructuring
- Experience of leading an implementation work stream within a programme
- Expert and detailed knowledge of best practice in HR and organisational policy and procedure.
- High-level knowledge of current employment legislation.
- Understanding of payroll and associated issues.
- Able to interpret employment law and policy to the best advantage for the organisation with the aim to reduce time scales for decision making.
- Understanding of trade unions and how to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to convey complex issues and information in a way that is clear and easy to understand.
What you'll get in return
A base salary of up to £65,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.