Please scroll down, To apply
HEAD OF PROJECT CONTROL & SERVICES
al-Hisah, Umm Salal, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
Tax Free Contractual Job Opportunity for an experienced HEAD OF PROJECT CONTROL AND SERVICES has just been made available by a leading operating oil and gas company to be based in Qatar.
- B.Sc. in an Engineering discipline from a recognized University; higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership of a recognized professional engineering association/institution.
- PMP certification would be advantageous.
- Minimum 18 years of relevant experience in the Oil & Gas Industry with an IOC, EPIC Contractor or Oil & Gas Company in major projects implementation, of which a minimum of 8 years in the position of Head/Lead Project Control Engineer with Engineering Design Consultant or EPIC Contractor in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Hands on experience with planning and scheduling software packages such as Primavera P6, P6 Analytics, Primavera Risk Analysis, MS Project, MS Office and SAP.
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards.
- Experienced in supporting development of project execution strategies, engineering and project management processes and project execution plans.
- Familiar with activities and tasks related to engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, commissioning and start-up of offshore Oil & Gas major projects. Extensive skills in management, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentation ability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Project Services functions during all stages of the project, which includes schedule review/analysis and monitoring, schedule delay and risk analysis, schedule forecast, cost/budget forecast, cost/budget trending, estimating, management of change process, procurement, expediting and materials management, invoicing process, project documentation and project reporting.
- Co-ordinate input to project control procedures, such as, planning & scheduling, progress reporting, progress measurement system,. to achieve implementation of a project control system during the scope of the project.
- Responsible for producing deviation reports and corrective action recommendation to Project Manager and Manager Offshore Major Projects.
- Provide guidance in the development and maintenance of all primary project services control documents, including; Contracts log, Change Order Register, Trend Register, Cost Report, Project Master Schedule and Risk Register.
- Accountable for all commercial activities involved in the execution of the EPIC Contract and any non-EPIC Contracts/Service providers.
- Manage the assessment, negotiation and recommended settlement of all significant change orders and EPIC Contract amendments in conjunction with the Project Manager and Manager, Offshore Major Projects.
- Manage cost engineering and budget control activities, including cost estimation, monitoring and control and forecasting and ensure alignment of stakeholders on cost and schedule.
- Coordinate with the Finance Directorate to ensure timely processing and execution of all accounting and finance related activities for the project, with special attention to budget and invoice payments.
- Support tendering activities (including tender preparation, pre-qualification, bid evaluation and award) for any additional Project Contracts and EPIC Contractor's tendering and award process with reference to project planning, scheduling, budget control, cost estimating, controlling and reporting in coordination with COMPANY Contracts department and BH senior management.
- Recommend and monitor the acceptability of EPIC Contractors submitted planning package including proposal for progress measurement, KPI's and reporting to ensure progress and alignment with project requirements.
- Support the development and implementation of project HSE and QAQC processes/procedures and activities in close coordination with the HSE and QAQC project management team and in consultation with COMPANY stakeholders; with the aim of achieving safe and successful execution of the project that meet project requirements.
- Manage the EPIC Contract CAR and TPL Insurance claims process in conjunction with COMPANY Finance Department.
- Communicate and coordinate with the Manager, Bul Hanine Project and Manager, Offshore Major Projects to ensure alignment in the areas of budget/cost control, legal, IT services, training services, resource/logistical services and document control services to achieve project goals.
- Oversee project resource deployment and recruitment activities for the Project organization in close coordination with COMPANY HR, PO & other relevant COMPANY Departments in order to ensure timely recruitment of the required PTF resources.
- Participate in and support project closeout activities and reporting, including coordination of the Asset Capitalization requirements. Identify areas of opportunity that can result in cost/time savings, complexity reduction and propose solutions to realize these benefits and incorporate Lessons Learned in COMPANY database.
- Interface with the Information & Communication Technologies (ICT) Department to ensure timely processing and execution of all IT/IM and SAP related activities, and timely availability of IT equipment and software.
- Support Qatari development activities by ensuring that Qatari Nationals receive the proper job training and development, in order to realize the full potential for local talents, and maximize contribution to project success.
- Operate within the framework of a Project team and integrated Project Services function, established Corporate Management policies, internationally recognized standard Industry Practices, and contracting procedures.
- Responsible for decision making and project planning, project control and EPIC Contract decisions related to project services and execute related decisions to ensure the successful execution of the Project, on time, within budget, and as per the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
- Endorse Annual Budget submission, Authorization for Expenditure (AFE), Budget revision(s) and Supplementary Budgets for the assigned project.
- Exposed for extended periods of time to overseas assignments.
- Exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments.
- Exposed to Onshore/Offshore work environments.
- Regular interface with Project Manager, Manager, Offshore Major Projects, Project Services function, Project team members, other COMPANY Departments, EPIC Contractor and suppliers during execution of services.
- Review and approve technical deliverables with respect to quality, safety of designs to the required standards.
- Responsible for design, drawings and engineering documents in his discipline area.
- Technical discipline deviation signoff as per the PT TA structure.
- Duties are varied. Requires technical expertise to arrive at optimum solutions and cost effective designs. Requires ability to influence people and work in multi discipline/cultural environment.
- Resolve technical problems within his discipline area.
- Manage conflicting priorities, varying technical requirements and schedule deadlines.
- Support development of discipline skill-pool and standards.
- Support dealing with stake holders, including COMPANY Operations and development departments.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.