Head Of Engineering
Gloucester, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
GC is recruiting a Head of Engineering to join the Technology and Engineering department based at Gloucestershire College.
Are you an experienced lecturer looking to move to a management position? With our new Institute of Technology partnership with UWE and state-of-the-art engineering workshops, there is no better time to join and lead our dynamic team.
As Head of Engineering, you will work closely with the Director of Technology and Curriculum Leaders to ensure outstanding teaching, learning, assessment, and quality processes through managing the accuracy of student data.
Please review the job description to find out more about this role and apply online to join our team.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Monitoring the on-going components of the Programme of Study hours against the planned TT hours in conjunction with MIS
* Overseeing the management of the areas quality processes such as pro-monitor and other college systems
* Working with Curriculum Leaders to report monthly to the Director on student progress
* Working with the Director to support the growth of the area through the implementation of curriculum development plans and liaising with employers
* Devise a coherent structure of meetings that enable academic staff and course leaders to communicate effectively with Curriculum leaders and the Head
* Lead on the student progression process and monitoring and conversion to the next course level.
* Working with Curriculum Leaders to ensure accurate registration of students and Learning Aims with Awarding Bodies takes place in the first six weeks
* Complete learning walks and support the development of teaching, learning and assessment in the area
* Ensure IV strategies and sampling plans are set up and IV regularly takes place throughout the academic year
Key Skills and Experience equired:
* Excellent teaching record which includes high student attendance and retention rates
* Experience of assessment and IV
* Knowledge of specialist area which is current and appropriate for the teaching context
* Level 3 in relevant qualification
* PGCE, DTTLS, or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete)
* The ability to manage and handle conflict and challenging behaviour
* Strong communication skills
* A degree level qualification in an engineering discipline is desirable, but not essential
A career with us means much more than just a salary - we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package. Please head over to our website to view our benefits and find out more about the range offered.
How to apply:
Take a look at our website to find out more about how to apply for this position and to view further details on our safer recruitment screening process