Head of Contracting
Guildford, South East, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Government & Defence
A large healthcare organisation is looking to appoint a senior professional who will support ongoing service and contracting review and development.
- Be the point of contact for professional support on all contracting matters across a number of CCGs;
- Deliver an effective end-to-end contracting service including performance and service reviews of current contracts;
- As the Head of Contracts you will have overall responsibility for the contracting function for all CCG contracts across an agreed portfolio;
- You will work across the CCGs, and be the lead management of provider contracts and monitor performance in terms of their contracted levels of expenditure, contractual quality issues and performance delivery ;
- Provide support to procurement projects for new/existing services;
- Support the lead director in the negotiation and proactive management of all CCG provider contracts to support the policies and strategic direction of the CCGs, taking into account national and local strategies (STP), legislation and policy;
- Review commissioned services at regular intervals, and identify any fundamental changes required. Reduce or commission additional services/capacity as appropriate to support strategic commissioning policies;
- Improve clinically driven commissioning, including identifying opportunities for the development of care pathways, supported by the development and implementation of new contracting methodologies;
- Line management responsibility and matrix management of various stakeholders.
A successful candidate will have:
- Extensive working knowledge of contracting and commissioning processes in an NHS environment;
- Experience of negotiation, and contract performance management;
- Ability to engage and negotiate with a range of stakeholders;
- Write clearly and concisely, producing reports for internal and external audiences;
- Understanding of national related guidance and identify the likely effect on the local health economy;
- Dynamic and influential way of working, which fits in with the overall ethos of how this client delivers services.
For further information on this role please contact Donna Larder on (Apply online only) or email (url removed)