Halcyon Reahb at Home - OT
Lake Placid, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
Halcyon Rehabilitation at Home is looking for a Part Time Occupational Therapy (OT) in DeBary, Deland and Winter Park area.
The Occupational Therapist provides direct restorative treatment of patients in a home care environment by designing and implementing a specific program to assist the patient in achieving the highest functional level possible, and by carrying out administrative duties associated with patient care.
Excellent documentation skills with a solid grasp of computer usage. Provide effective communication to patient/family, team members, and other health care professionals.
Performs evaluations and assessments, administers treatments and screenings, and documents services. Assists patients in reaching their maximum level of performance and provides plan of care.
Optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by performing or supervising therapy staff in the following activities: initiating referrals; evaluating and treating appropriate patients; effectively participating in the care planning process; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient's family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate. Establishes individual patient schedules in conjunction with other team members. Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including long and short-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
Thank you for your interest in Halcyon Rehab.
Tami Lynn McCoy
Halcyon Rehab Is A Therapy Provider That Cares…
At Halcyon, our approach to healthcare services emphasizes teamwork and personal involvement to create a compassionate, caring environment for our resident's. We do more than just meet their physical needs - we are committed to helping our residents live happier, healthier and more fulfilling lives through social interaction and enriching environments that promote independence.
Reasons to Consider:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Very Competitive Pay
- Work Life Balance
- Outstanding Benefits
- Generous PTO
- Education & Training
- Privately Owned Company
- Rehab Company started by a Therapist
- Nationwide Presence With Plan for Continued Growth
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Clinical Team that provides continued training and mentorship
- Free In-house CEU Events For All Employees
Provides direct restorative and/or maintenance treatment of patients, carries out administrative duties associated with patient care.
1. Performs evaluations of patients based upon the physician referral.
- Develops basic treatment plans based on evaluation results including short and long- term goals that lead to achievement of patient outcome.
- Evaluates and recommends patient need for necessary durable medical equipment as per facility protocol.
- Screens patients based upon identified needs.
- Treats patients according to treatment plan.
- Supervises Occupational Therapy Assistant(s) and Rehabilitation Technician(s) in direct patient care and activities per state practice act.
- Communicates with supervisor and team members regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Attends and participates in in-service programs.
- Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, patient care conferences, utilization review meetings, and other meetings as required or directed.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Correctly identifies and bills for daily therapy services rendered per approved billing guidelines.
- Provides patient/family education and training and participates in family conferences for the purposes of discharge planning.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with patients and support agencies.
- Reports any problems with department equipment to the appropriate personnel so that it is maintained in safe and good working order.
- Acts as a clinical mentor for affiliated Occupational Therapy schools with approved contracts.
- Actively participates in the supervision process:
a. Reviews evaluation results, treatment plan with Occupational Therapy Assistant(s).
b. Communicates needs to Rehab Agency Administrator.
c. Modifies performance and responds to feedback.
d. Notifies appropriate personnel of unusual patient findings in a timely manner.
e. Demonstrates an awareness of limitations and seeks supervision appropriately.
- Must be able to travel between facilities as indicated.
- Performs other duties as required or directed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Rehab Agency Administrator or Designee for both administrative and patient care responsibilities.
1. Works in well-lit/ventilated office and therapy areas.
- Pressured work environment subject to frequent interruptions.
- Willingness to work in other facilities temporarily, when necessary.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
1. Current state registration/licensure or limited permit as an Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrates professional behavior and appearance.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs and in-services as requested, which may require overnight travel.
- Ability to work on and comprehend computerized technology.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Current CPR certification
- Must be able to speak the English language in a comprehendible format.
1. Must be able to perform patient transfers independently or by utilizing provided equipment.
- Must be able to lift and carry small clinic equipment (exercise equipment, oxygen tanks, supplies, etc.
- Must be able to monitor vital signs.
- Must be able to move (walk, bend, stand, sit, push, pull, lift) intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be constantly alert for patient safety.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited college or university with a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy.