Fundraising and Communications Executive - Old Street, London
Church Homeless Trust
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Church Homeless Trust gives grants to homeless people to help them to rebuild their lives.
We are looking for an excellent writer; someone to research and collate information and turn it into compelling fundraising applications and on-line content.
You do not need to have fundraising experience, but you do need to be passionate about helping homeless people. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate, or someone from the corporate world, who wants to work for a charity.
Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining how you fit the person specification outlined below. The closing date is 29th October, with interviews on 7th November.
The purpose of the role is to research and write up funding applications, and create and post content for social media.
- Writing funding applications
- Researching appropriate trusts, companies and high value individuals
- Collecting and collating information, case studies and photos about the work we fund
- Entering prospect and donor information on to our database (e-tapestry)
- Keeping up to date with developments in the homelessness sector
- Monitoring social media accounts, creating posts, maximising engagement and recording relevant analytics.
- Reliable, trustworthy and organised
- Able to write concise and compelling copy for a range of media
- Able to undertake research and record results coherently
- Able to understand and organise information
- Excellent IT skills, particularly databases, social media, and Microsoft Office
- Willingness to work flexibly and effectively as a member of a small staff team
- Sympathetic to the aims of the Church Homeless Trust and its Christian ethos
Location: The role is based close to Old Street . We are a small and friendly team of six, based in offices shared with many other charities, where there are social and networking events, and many opportunities for collaboration.
Hours: 35 hours a week, between the core hours of 8am and 6pm. (We are prepared to consider a shorter working week for someone with the right experience.)
Salary: £22,000 per annum. Employer's pension contribution up to a maximum of 8%.
Holidays: public holidays and 25 working days per year (plus three days between Christmas and New Year at the discretion of the Trustees).
Notice period: Two months
Probationary period: three months
Church Homeless Trust is an equal opportunities employer. We employ people on the basis of their skills and experience, not on the basis of religion, sexuality, ethnicity, gender or any other criteria. Our office is wheelchair accessible.