Front End Engineer
Plano, Texas, United States
Job type: all
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are seeking Front End Software Engineers for a client in Plano, Texas!
Purpose of Job
Front End Engineers create and maintain the front-end portion of our business software applications. Done well, many may never realize or appreciate how critical these systems are or how we've made them simpler, faster, and safer. Yet, they help make our members' lives better. It's a great challenge and responsibility.
As a Front-end Engineer, you are expected to be able to function in a fast-paced environment driving innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development ensuring quality is built into all solutions. Your responsibilities will require you to be an expert in front development best practices and frameworks creating beautiful experiences for our internal and member facing systems. You will be required to be an expert in understanding user requirements and tailoring user experiences accordingly. You will engage with business clients, UI designers, developers and architects to create high performing and easy to use systems via the web as well as mobile-based applications. You will create and implement design principles that ensures that our content renders well across multiple devices. You will use and promote the use of front-end and mobile testing tools to ensure quality.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS SR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 2+ years of experience working with Agile methodology
- Proficiency in translating front-end mockups and wireframes into functioning applications
- 2+ years' experience in designing/coding for high availability and performance.
- 2+ years of experience with rapid prototyping / simulations / iterative design
- Demonstrated experience supporting accessibility requirements from ADA (Section 508 subset of a11y).
- 6+ years of experience on closures/Prototypes/JS.this and variable scope
- Understanding of HTTP interaction with browsers (request types, request headers, synchronous/asynchronous requests).
- Understanding of page rendering orchestration within a browser
- Proficiency at using browser development tools within each major browser
- Delivering software using a container based infrastructure