Field Service Technician
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Why Work Here?: Our company has competitive wages, full benefits package, and excellent training and development opportunities.
Summary: The Field Service Technician travels extensively to repair, maintain and startup specified KHS USA filling and packaging equipment. The FST provides a communication link between the customer and the company to ensure excellent customer service. This position is based in the Northeast, preferably Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York or Connecticut. Requires residence within one hour of a major airport. This position would not need relocation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Receives trip assignment from inside schedulers; makes travel arrangements to arrive on time according to customer requirements
- Interviews customer to determine machine problems; performs basic troubleshooting on machine functioning; verifies where problem is located
- Performs hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on specified KHS USA machines to insure machine is functioning correctly according to specifications; coordinates with customer and Parts department to order any needed parts
- Troubleshoots and modifies or edits programs of Programmable Logic Controller's (PLC).
- Audits and documents missing or bypassed safety devices on KHS USA machines and replace or repair.
- Trains customers for successful operation and maintenance; may show operators how to do changes for different size or format packaging; provides preliminary invoice for customer signature
- Works under the direction of senior technicians to start-up new machines, checks power system and wiring; observes lockout tag out process to check machine components functionality; establishes that product is moving through properly; communicates with internal staff to solve technical problems or project issues.
- Prepares concise, accurate, professional and timely Equipment Acceptance Reports, Service Work Reports, Expense Reports and other support documentation for customer visits; communicates with internal staff to report on service activities.
Education & Experience:
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering (preferred); 3 year electrical and mechanical experience.
To Apply: Click on the Easy Apply button above, or email your resume to
Additional Opportunities: Check out the Careers page and join our Talent Community on ADP at We have several opportunities for motivated, talented individuals!