FARM MANAGER (OVERSEAS) - OPEN FIELD CROPS UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
TITLE: FARM MANAGER: AGRONOMIST OPEN FIELD CROPS
INDUSTRY: Agricultural farming in UAE
LOCATION: UAE (United Arab Emirates)
SALARY: Competitive package
THE COMPANY - Ethical and dynamic organisation investing in the future of UAE Agriculture and Horticulture with an extensive development of crops to include Cabbage, Potato, Sweet Potato, Sweetcorn, Beans, Carrots, Onions, Okra, Water Melon,
THE ROLE: As Farm Manager (Agronomist) of Open Field Crops of the organisation you will ensure that production techniques and costs are as efficient as possible by directing and coordinating the multi-cultural workforce. You will report into the General Farm Manager of the Operation.
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading and recordkeeping
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and seeds used
- Prepares monthly operational reports for the fields in production, to be consolidated by the GM
- Analyzes on regular basis soils to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production
- Analyzes water quality and monthly quantities required for maximum production
- Responsible for timely requesting all crop production related inputs and proper use of same
- Inspects open fields to determine the maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather
- Advises on the purchase of machinery, equipment and supplies, such fertilizers, and chemicals
- Recommends to the GM regarding hiring new staff, discharges transfers and promoting workers
- Responsible for enforcing safety regulations and interpretation of company policies
- Responsible for keeping up to date the forms and registers related to permits and certifications (HACCP, GlobalGAP and organic certification)
- Agronomical degree in crop production or field horticulture or agronomy on at least B.Sc. level or preferably M. Sc. Level
- At least 8 - 10 years of experience in managing large scale agronomical enterprises with emphasis on open field production
- Thorough knowledge of the growing of open field crops, including but not limited to: cabbage (all types), potato, sweet potato, sweet corn, beans, carrots, onions, okra, (water)melon.
- Knowledge of organic agriculture isessential
- Knowledge of agriculture in arid climates is essential
- Able to manage multi-cultural and multi-lingual workforce and Junior Managers.
- Good reporting skills
- Fluent in English both written and oral. Knowledge of Arabic is a bonus but not essential
GET IN CONTACT: In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.