External Service Engineer
The Search Consultant
salary: 20000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Redditch, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Title: External Service Engineer (Electrical)
Location: Redditch and support to the whole of the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands where necessary.
As an Electrical External Service Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for installing, commissioning, fault finding and servicing our products and systems across the UK. Our engineers work across a wide range of sites, from quarries to chemical processing plants and more. Besides holding relevant electrical qualifications, a positive attitude and the ability to communicate well with customers are important. The role requires working at height, for example a recent installation took place on a silo that was 40m tall. This is a physically demanding role that will require climbing sets of ladders. Service engineers will typically be expected to spend 4 out of 5 nights working away from home; this will require overnight stays and potentially long periods of travel during the day. In return for this commitment, you will be working for a supportive, welcoming company whose employees have a real stake in the success of the business.
Main Duties & Tasks:
* Install instrumentation on site to meet company quality standards and good practice.
* Test, service and maintain equipment on customer sites.
* Working away from home for up to 4 days at a time.
* Providing customers with advice on areas where additional equipment may be of use.
* Completing site visit reports for customer and company records.
* Must hold GCSE qualifications of grade C or above in English and Maths.
* Must hold relevant electrical qualifications, for example BTEC HNC in Electrical & Electronic Engineering or C&G 2365, 2330 and 2360.
* Must have a full UK driving license.
* Must be comfortable with working at heights.
* Previous employment history in an electrical engineering position is essential.
* Knowledge of ATEX would be advantageous.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary for the position starts at £20,000 per annum. After an initial 6 month probation period the salary will be reviewed based on the candidate's performance. After the first year with the company, the new employee will be eligible for a discretional annual bonus. Employees get 33 days holiday each year inclusive of bank holidays and winter (Christmas) shutdown. A Workplace Pension scheme is also available. Depending on the employee's performance, additional training and qualifications may be offered on the provision that the employee is expected to complete a minimum term of employment once the course is finished. This will be agreed upon when registering for a course