EMEA Legal & Compliance - Operations, Management Information and Strat
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The EMEA Legal and Compliance Department is charged with day-to-day oversight and coordination of the Firm's compliance with core regulatory requirements covering all businesses including Institutional Sales and Trading (fixed income, commodities, equities), Investment Banking, Research and Investment Management across the EMEA region.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) function is primarily an internal focused function that supports the governance and reporting needs of the Department. The team's activities fall into the three broad categories of activities as noted below:
- Core Processes - The team leads, manages or supports various processes that the Firm or the Legal and Compliance Department requires to be completed. These activities include; production of management information (MI), annual Risk Assessments, the maintenance of relevant licenses and permissions, regulatory reporting, information security and supporting the implementation of the Firms Operational Risk framework.
- People Management - The team manages the Talent Development and hiring/ resourcing strategy for the Legal and Compliance departments. These include mentoring, departmental training and development, and graduate programs.
- Office Administration - The team manages or oversees various administrative processes for the Department. These include Health and Safety, Information Security, Services Management and On-Boarding
The COO team currently has 3 people and works alongside all areas of the Department. This role will have exposure to a wider set of Legal & Compliance stakeholders and is an ideal opportunity to gain a broad overview of the Departments and their functions, the range of Morgan Stanley's businesses and the governance and organisation of the Firm.
- Assist in and manage core departmental processes
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the department's people management programs
- Oversight of the Office Administration processes
- Manage the production of MI for Divisional management, Business management or Firm committees
- Provide support to Head of the COO Team on ad hoc projects and initiatives
- Identify and implement improvements to departmental processes and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge relationships with staff across the Department / Firm at various levels of seniority
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical, organizational and project / process management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to remain focused under pressure, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and provide attention to detail
- Previous experience working in a financial services institution or consulting firm
- Previous Compliance, Risk or regulatory experience would be an advantage
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-FH1