Electrical Test Engineer
The Hiring Heroes 25000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The Hiring Heroes are proud to be working alongside a prestigious automotive testing company based in Northampton.
As vehicles develop, the role of the electrical and electronic engineer within the industry is changing. Vehicles need to make sure they can operate reliably and safely within their environment. The role involves working with prototype automotive components of all types ensuring the can be fitted to a vehicle and have minimal impact for or from radio transmissions or unwanted electrical events.
As an EMC Test Engineer the role will be diverse, however, specific responsibilities include:
* Perform testing and produce reports of products submitted for test.
* Document high quality experimental work in accordance with industry and company standards
* Follow internal test procedures and specifications.
* Use and create (if required) detailed procedures as required by approval bodies for the certification process.
* Liaison with internal engineers to understand and resolve all issues arising during the testing process.
* Assist with the set-up and testing of prototype products submitted for test.
* Support the sales team when required with queries relating to product testing and approvals
* Entry Level GCSE Maths B, English B. A levels in any related subjects, HNC/HND or a Degree an Advantage.
* Knowledge of Vehicles (cars, motorbikes, tractors) an advantage.
* Having attended recognised courses in relevant fields such as EMC would be an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
* UK car driving licence
* Current passport
* 37.5 Hour Working week (shift working) 6am-1pm and 1pm-9pm.
* Contributory Pension
* 25 days holiday