Electrical Safety Laboratory Manager
SGS United Kingdom Ltd
salary: 37000.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Bowburn, Durham, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Safety Department Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Location: Durham
As a Safety Department Manager, you will be responsible for managing the electrical safety department, ensuring optimum efficiency/utilisation to deliver testing on time and in line with customer requirements.
As a Safety Department Manager, you'll receive a competitive salary plus you'll benefit from a 10% performance bonus, retail discount scheme, private health cover after 1 years' service, a contributory pension scheme and life cover.
* To ensure client testing requirements are delivered within due dates to meet customer expectations.
* To ensure the departments testing activities are monitored to ensure compliance with quality policies and procedures, HSE housekeeping etc.
* To review employees' performance in conjunction with performance agreements / performance appraisals to meet objectives in line with delivering revenue/utilisation targets for efficiency and financial measure.
* To identify, review and instigate training activities within the department to increase employee's utilisation.
* To ensure all reports are produced in a timely and accurate manner to meet customer expectations for accessibility to figures.
* To review new or updated standards in order for SGS to carry out this testing and obtain UKAS or other accreditation.
* Manage the team to ensure completion of all assigned work and relevant documentation e.g. test reports and certificates in accordance with required procedures and standards to fulfil customer expectations.
* Organise regular operational reviews to allocate testing projects, ensure projects are progressing and all issues are resolved.
* Support the team and Conduct testing (either lab-based or on client's sites) in accordance with established procedures, maintaining a high standard of service delivery that ensures effective customer relationships.
* To progress/identify any new commercial opportunities that may present so that the department can grow top line revenue.
* Manage the resource within the departments to allow multi skilling across departments.
* Assist in internal/external calibrations on test equipment to ensure compliance with the quality system.
Skills / Experience:
* Must be IT literate i.e. competent in the use of MS Office applications and experience of using large and complex databases
* Working knowledge of product safety standards, for example, EN60335, EN60598, EN60950, EN61010, EN60601
* Willingness to learn and adapt to change - committed to continuous personal and professional development
* Experience of working under own initiative and in planning and prioritising workloads
* Experience in testing of electrical products
* Use of test and measuring equipment e.g. Multi-Meters, oscilloscopes, etc and Test Procedures
* Basic understanding in the principles of Profit & Loss accounting
* GCSE Mathematics & English Language, or equivalent
* HNC in Engineering or equivalent
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
At SGS, we have an open corporate and international culture, we offer a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially