NES Fircroft 120.00 US Dollar . USD Per hour
Superior, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
NES Fircroft's Chicago office is currently seeking candidates with an electrical engineering background for an immediate opening for a Electrical Engineer.
This individual would be employed on a contract basis and be part of the engineering team dedicated to the Refinery Rebuild project. In addition to the role described below this is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the startup of $1B project with state-of-the-art electrical equipment. If this sounds like a great opportunity for yourself or someone you know, please reach out to Tom Rebellato at . Additional job details can be found below.
Location: Superior, WI.
Hours: M-F40 hours per weekSome OT may be required on an approval basis.
Pay Range: $100-$120/hr. depending on experience + per diem for candidates that qualify.
Duration: 1 yearhigh probability for extensions beyond one year.
- Support the ongoing operation of the refinery for maintenance and reliability of electrical equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to support Engineering Work Requests by developing scopes of work for engineering and construction by ensuring established and recognized engineering standards and practices are followed.
- Manage electrical projects and provide electrical engineering support to all projects through all phases ensuring cost, scope and schedule are controlled.
- Review, develop and or approve electrical standards, procedures and manufacturers equipment lists, ensure new and existing electrical equipment is properly specified, installed, tested, monitored and maintained to provide a high level of reliability, safety and environmental compliance.
- Support the Refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) program including Process Safety Reviews (PSR's), Management of Change initiation and facilitation, Hazard Analysis (HAZOP) and is available as electrical engineering expert as needed.
- Manage the site's power system study - initiate reviews as required and, ensure it is up to date with major changes.
- Must have at least 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering within the oil & gas industry.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting electrical equipment operational issues such as Variable Frequency Drives, Distribution Relay Protection, Motor Control and Protection.
- Must be proficient in NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code and subset of standards.
- Must have an minimum a BS degree and/or PE license in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous experience with industrial standby or emergency power systems would be a big plus.
- Candidates native to WI with a WI PE license would be a big plus.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.