First Recruitment Group
Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
12 Month Contract
Our client has a requirement for an Electrical Engineer, who will be required to work on a 12 Month contract basis in Norwich. Whilst this role is office based there will be a requirement to travel offshore periodically.
This role involves working in a team of electrical engineers and graduates to provide day-to-day electrical support to offshore assets. In addition, there will be a responsibility to ensure compliance with company electrical performance standards and HSE legislations.
- Monitor operations in power plants and follow safety standards.
- To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects.
- To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
- Research ways of utilizing nuclear power and design new systems and products (e.g. radiation cores).
- Develop nuclear technology and applications of radiation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring technical integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of electrical generation and distribution systems are optimised so that production targets can be achieved.
- Manage and support the day to day maintenance of the offshore facilities electrical systems.
- Ensure all equipment in hazardous areas is maintained in accordance with BS EN 60079.
- Support Electrical Maintenance Strategy and ensuring appropriate integrity management of Electrical equipment.
- Promote the use of best technology to increase production efficiency. Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure best value is obtained from suppliers and contractors.
- Understand and manage offshore Electrical modifications/project operations to ensure effective and safe execution of work.
- Liaise with Electrical Technical Authority as well as external bodies such as HSE and IVB also internally assisting with incident reports and investigations.
- Ensuring Performance Standards and statutory legislation are complied with and complete a minimum of 6 SAS (Site Assurance Survey) audits per year.
- Supporting Electrical related sections of the verification scheme and assisting with anomaly closing out.
- Assessment of Electrical Technicians competencies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of electrical regulations and practices.
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- 2017 SNS Maintenance Management System.
- Ensure all Maintenance activities and all data to be recorded against Safety Critical Equipment within the Maintenance Management System is submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- 2018 SNS Management of Change - Technical Reviewer.
- Review Management of Change (MOC) proposals via the eMOC system, address technical queries, ensure compliance with technical standards within the Process discipline and provide access to specialist engineering advice.
- Safety & Environmentally Critical Courses.
- CompEx Ex14 Responsible Person with Technical Competence.
- SUEPEE & Intrinsic Safety or CompEx Full (Ex01 - 04).
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level.
- At least 5-10 years' experience within the offshore Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong operational knowledge of the offshore and onshore gas business.
- Member of a relevant professional engineering institution (such as the IET).
At First Recruitment Group we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That is why our Recruitment Consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
We actively recruit at all levels and this is a superb opportunity for Electrical Engineer's looking for new employment.