Bickenhill, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
You will be accountable for providing the electrical engineering services delivery and execution on a variety of complex, multi-disciplined projects.
A rewarding opportunity to not only focus on technical design and delivery but to work within a full life-cycle project delivery environment and team with exposure to a diverse portfolio of projects both in terms of complexity, size and value.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
* Accountable for the electrical services design input including Lighting & Emergency lighting, Power Distribution, LV Panel, Fire Alarm, Earthing, Security, CCTV and Cable Containment design.
* Provide comprehensive scope of works, specifications, calculations and basis of design documentation for projects.
* Analysis and assessment of design work (including load flow analysis).
* Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
* Conduct site surveys (including dilapidation reports).
* Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
* Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and other PM Group offices.
* Attend Client/Contractor interface meetings as well participation in stakeholder meetings.
* Report to Head of Department (Electrical)
Requirements & Experience
* A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related subject (Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
* Ideally a Chartered Engineer with IET or CIBSE, or working towards.
* Good working experience of design projects, including Basis of Design through to Detailed Design. (RIBA stages)
* Knowledge and experience with related electrical engineering software packages (e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Revit)
* Lighting design experience (Dialux).
* Knowledge and experienced with load-flow analysis and load lists.
* Experience with undertaking LV switchgear discrimination studies.
* Display strong numerical, mathematical skills with the ability to analyse data and work.
* Ability to play a positive role in a multi-disciplined team and to seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes.
* Possess a professional approach and demeanour with a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
* Organised and time management skills - ability to meet project deadlines.
* Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving.
* Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels.
* Display quality and 'right first time' approach to design