Document Control Specialist
Martinez, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Transport & Logistics
Document Control Specialist
Responsible for various aspects of document control to support the Project, including receipt, logging, storing, distribution, expediting of reviews and approvals, and returns of drawings, drawing revisions, equipment/instrument files, and associated correspondence.
- Support the improvement and development of the project's document control processes.
- Maintain communications with the Project Team to ensure needs are met and processes are followed.
- Support the implementation and upkeep of systems, and procedures for document control. Primarily associated with drawings, drawing revisions, equipment/instrument files.
- As requested, store new documents in and move documents.
- Recommend examples and samples for addition to the Directory.
- Maintain the Project Document Register site requirements.
- Maintain the Project Document Distribution Matrix in coordination with the Project Engineers.
- Receive, log, store, and track all drawings, drawing revisions and associated correspondence.
- Distribute the drawings, drawing revisions and associated correspondence for information, review or approval.
- Ensure the documents are stored appropriately.
- Expedite the reviews and approvals in accordance with the required scheduled or contractual dates and return to Contractors.
- Communicate with Contractors and Construction Group for document control issues.
- Coordinate with a website specialist for changes and functionality beyond the above administration activities.
- Open and respond to document controls correspondence in a timely fashion to ensure proper attention to incoming documents.
- Examine documents and drawing packages to verify completeness before distribution.
- Interface closely with the Project Engineers and Engineering Contractor to provide prompt and accurate distribution activities.
- Ensure records are secured and retrievable.
- Serve as a contact for issues as well as distribution of documents from engineering contractors.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.