Director, Strategic Pricing & Contracting
Newbury Park, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
Amgen has an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to make a significant impact on the organization. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, active career development and coaching, and individual rewards. As a member of the Strategic Pricing and Contracting (SPC) team, this Director is integral to Amgen's success in the US Healthcare market. This individual will oversee pricing and contracting activities with Amgen's largest Managed Care Organization (MCO) customers ($5B+ annual gross sales). The SPC Director will lead a team of individuals who serve as SPC's single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders for the MCO customers they support across the Amgen portfolio. SPC Directors are a key contributor to policy evaluations arising from federal and state legislature proposals.
High Level Job Responsibilities
The Director will be responsible for communicating account and product information in a clear, concise format to facilitate pricing and contracting decision-making by senior leadership. This role will have frequent interaction and responsibility to Executive Director and Vice President level and potential to interact at the senior most levels within Amgen. They will be responsible for development of strategy and oversight of the team who delivers contracts to our MCO customers. The Director will also contribute to and drive product-specific pricing strategies, value-based contracts, government and MCO contract related strategy.
Detailed Job Duties
- Ensure process adherence by the team in review of product pricing requests with internal committees such as Oversight Committee and Pricing Committee for key MCO customers
- Manage the pricing and contracting process in conjunction with Amgen's account representative (OCT), Reimbursement leads, Legal, and other SPC stakeholders
- Educate pricing analytics team of customer-specific information and coverage trends that are critical to provide Amgen business and quarterly financial estimates for each customer
- Ensure accuracy of all financial analytics as they apply to MCO customers
- Lead the development and maintenance of MCO pricing and contracting strategies
- Enable team to have a comprehensive understanding of key MCO customer's financials, growth drivers, membership, mergers/acquisitions, end customers, etc.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Finance, OCT, customers, Legal, and SPC teams as necessary to drive Amgen market strategy
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of ad-hoc requests by senior leadership for product and/or customer related business analytics and strategy
- Other duties as assigned
Doctorate degree and 4 years of government pricing, commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
Master's degree and 8 years of government pricing, commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
Bachelor's degree and 10 years of government pricing, commercial contracting, pricing, finance, accounting, and/or sales operations experience
4 years of managerial experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Advanced degree (i.e. JD, MBA or equivalent experience)
- 8+ years of experience solving complex business problems and managing multiple projects concurrently
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and financial modeling
- Ability to read and understand legal contract documents
- Knowledge of the managed care marketplace
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Strong negotiation skills
- Previous experience providing and delivering information for decision making by executive management
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology