Director of Solar EPC Procurement
CSI Electrical Contractors, Inc
Santa Fe Springs, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
CSI Renewables a subsidiary of MYR (NASDAQ:MYRG) is a fast growing, full-service solar + BESS Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company headquartered in Santa Fe Springs, California. With over three gigawatts of solar generating facilities installed, CSI is rated as one of the top solar contractors in the US. CSI brings in-depth knowledge in the design, engineering, procurement, construction, and maintenance of Photovoltaic (PV) Solar and Energy Storage (BESS) generating projects. Our team of in-house engineers and project managers allows design and construction to seamlessly integrate into all Of our projects, assuring end-to-end quality, cost control, and accountability. With a skilled workforce, we self-perform all aspects of large-scale solar projects and partner with our sister companies to build substations and transmission work. At CSI, we have the talent and resources to analyze our client's energy project requirements, economic investment criteria, cash flow requirements, and corporate philosophy and develop cost-effective and timely solutions that best fit their needs.
The Director of Procurement will play an instrumental role in building our shared vision to be the leading solar + BESS solutions provider in California market.
Duties and Responsibilities: including, but not limited to, the following:
- Drive long-term procurement objectives for CSI, including both material/equipment and service provider contracts.
- Work closely with and support the business development and estimating team to enable competitive bidding process into RFPs.
- Develop and maintain a working database of all materials, suppliers, products, etc., tracking history and fluctuation of material cost, market variabilities, project cost and scope.
- Negotiate Master Supply Agreements (MSA) with major suppliers for long term pricing and availability.
- Institute vendor qualification through Quality, Delivery and Cost criteria and monitor on-going performance through quarterly performance reviews.
- Negotiate Subcontractor, Vendor Purchase Order agreements to minimize risk and maintain leverage over optimum supplier performance during project execution.
- Working with and assist engineering in developing layouts and technical proposals, developing and maintaining relationships with Suppliers and Vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with various types of shipping, transportation, and logistics agents to identify and resolve product shipping and logistics issues.
- Collaborating with team members when necessary to ensure effective communication and results.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned by the SVP of EPC.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments and to make reasonable accommodations as needed.
This position is classified as exempt, meaning more than 50% of the employee's time is spent performing exempt job duties consistent with this job description. If the employee finds the actual job duties change from those described herein, so the employee is not performing exempt duties more than 50 % of the time, the employee must immediately inform management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or another related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience or equivalent in procurement and supply chain management required.
- Currently living in Orange or LA County, CA is highly preferred.
- Willingness to travel, up to 20% of the time.
- Experience in utility-scale solar/PV projects, highly preferred.
- The ability to prioritize multiple and simultaneous projects, issues, and activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and implementation and facilitation skills.
- Travel up to 20%
- Ability to lift to 10 lbs.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employer s. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.