Director & Head of North Trade Sales, TB China
Standard Chartered Bank
Beijing, Beijing, China
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- To drive "new to bank" Trade revenues and product/market penetration with assigned portfolio of International Corporate (IC) clients at global, regional or local buying centres (depending on role).
- To retain and grow existing wallet from day-to-day transactions within assigned portfolio
-Understanding of Client
• Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centers and decision making process.
• Owns TB Client Map and Account Plan commitments.
• Deep understanding of client ecosystem and supply chain
• Build full access to trade finance decision makers through active client calling; including procurement and trading centres, strategic sourcing, export teams, structured financing teams, channel / distribution management teams.
• Build access at operating level in the client shop.
-Revenue & Trade Drivers
• Complete ownership of client level revenue for Trade
• Complete ownership of the assigned portfolio's Driver levels.
• Manage the execution through to revenue realisation as per scorecard metric
• Pro-actively lead Trade opportunity development with the CIB team.
• Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline and deal review policies.
• Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, developing solutions and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
• Input into BCA's via Product Conditions for assigned portfolio.
• Facility structuring for Trade deals, working with SST and Commercial Banking where relevant.
• Proposal and pitches to the clients.
• Provide input to Product Managers on evolving client and competitor landscape
• Put up PSRs / Deal Reviews where applicable
• Coordinate with CB/EMT ecosystem deals
• Document negotiation for new to bank business.
• Active role in credit & compliance approvals on CA deviations for assigned portfolio
• Grow Utilisation on Trade limits for assigned portfolio.
• On RS details, work with the RSMs on deals
-Client servicing support
Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. CIB).
• Working with assigned TTO and PSM for superior client servicing and experience
• Manage all Trade Sales risks in the assigned Portfolio. conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
• Adhere to good sales practices in relation to relevant policies, behaviors (per Culture, Conduct & Behaviors) and FOSAF.
• Proactively engage business & functional partners / stakeholders to drive the origination sales agenda with clients
• Promote the SCB brand and exemplify the values of the Group in all undertakings, including adherence to the Group Code of Conduct.
• Country and Regional TB Heads
• Country and Regional Heads of Products / Segments
• Country and Regional Heads of Functions
• Represent SCB and Transaction Banking with all stakeholders including Clients and industry bodies.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Broad Banking experience
• Deep knowledge of Trade products
• More than 5-7 years experience in driving Trade business
• Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities
• Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success
• Practitioner with Advanced Trade knowledge.
• Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
• Strong credit understanding and experience.
• Understanding of how to work effectively within a matrix / network organisation.
• Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
• Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
• Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
• Wants to be a trusted advisor - positions as the "go to" person for clients when they desire strategic TB input.
• Strong credibility with key stakeholders, i.e. Risk, CIB, FCC, ITO.
• Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.