Digital Content Specialist
Burlington, Vermont, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Are you a seasoned social media professional who is embedded in the culture and community of snowboarding? We've got the job for you.
As part of the Burton Consumer Engagement marketing team, the Digital Content Specialist will drive and execute creative content for social and blog projects for both Burton Snowboards and Anon Optics' social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube.)
We're looking for someone who is passionate about digital storytelling, has strong creative writing skills, and has basic video and photo editing experience. Extensive knowledge and experience with all aforementioned social media and content management platforms required. Successful candidates will have meticulous attention to detail, proofreading skills, ability to manage multiple projects and timelines, plus superior organizational, communication, and follow up skills. Fluency or willingness to learn Adobe Bridge, Photoshop, and Premiere preferred.
All candidates will be required to submit social content samples, which can include examples of Instagram posts, Instagram Stories, video, blog or website content.
What You Get to Do:
- Content planning, creation, and execution for the Burton Snowboards and Anon Optics global social channels and the Burton blog in accordance with global content strategy.
- Write on-brand social & blog copy, work with and manipulate photo and video assets, shoot and/or curate Instagram Stories as needed, including on-snow content.
- Ability to source and curate content by collaborating with athletes, contributors, employees, brand ambassadors and UGC for use on social media, blogs, and Burton.com.
- Work closely with Content Marketing Strategist to understand content strategy and goals, meet content calendar deadlines and properly deploy content to various distribution channels.
- Schedule and deploy posts across all Burton Snowboards and Anon Optics social channels using social scheduling platforms or directly in platform.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed, especially for snowboard contest coverage during peak winter season, and be on-call as needed for social content creation.
- Execution of major event coverage such as the Burton US Open as part of a team, including pre-event and on-site.
- Compile analytics and create reports in regular intervals and ad hoc as requested by marketing leadership.
- Public-facing engagement with social audiences, including answering customer's questions as needed and corresponding with others to represent the brand.
- Maintain high quality standards and develop best practices in accordance with evolving content marketing landscape.
- Work seamlessly with regional counterparts and maintain a digital asset management system to share assets as needed.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or applicable field.
- 2+ years of experience in hands-on social/community management for a brand.
- Strong creative writing/grammar skills, photo & video editing experience.
- Extensive knowledge of social media and content management platforms.
- Experience with Google Analytics, especially building links with UTM tracking.
- Strong knowledge of snowboarding / action sports culture required, including knowledge of technical snowboard tricks and familiarity with happenings in snowboarding community.