DevOps Engineer - Top Secret
American Systems Corporation
McLean, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
WANTED: A Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer to support our DIA contract in Reston, VA.
As a Development Operations Engineer you will:
- Provide critical support to an expanding technical mission.
- Continue growing your hands-on skills in Systems Administration.
- Receive robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- Be a part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a Development Operation Engineer:
- Automate software template generation.
- Configure environments and tools.
- Work with Cloud System Administrators and Security Administrators to use emerging and best practices in DevSecOps to streamline end-to-end delivery in multi-cloud (currently AWS and Azure) environments.
- Inform use of Active Directory Federated Services and Secure Token Service for Single-Sign-on will assist users in constrained environments.
- Serve as a resource to serverless architecture for PKH partners.
- Provide Forensic Infrastructure Engineering expertise in support of lab operations.
- Using existing designs and technical requirements, build up computer equipment, processes and systems that involve data networks, storage, processing, and data communications.
- Image systems and build and maintain images.
- Troubleshoot hardware, computer/server configuration skills, repair and test workstations, servers, and networks.
- Analyze equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design - Create and maintain technical procedures documentation, and manuals. Compile and analyze operational data and direct testing to establish standards for new designs or modifications to existing equipment, systems, or processes.
- Perform a variety of system administration functions. Couple your experience in this area to the analysis and installation of computer based systems, local area networks, fiber optic cable installation, and wireless networks. A working knowledge of Computer Forensics and related systems, processing, and applications is a plus. You are part of a laboratory testing and delivering new analytical tools for our client.
- Engaged in the design and implementation of enterprise infrastructures and platforms in a cloud computing environment, using you working experience in the analysis and installation of communications systems and system administration functions to support network systems, network servers, and desktop computers. You will apply knowledge of networks and systems to support code releases by collaborating across the technical team.
- Engineer and design solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS) that meet our Government clients security regulations, controls, and policies.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day.
Join Us! AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com
- This position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience, and a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a computer-technology related degree. However, eight (8) years direct, related experience may be substituted for education.
- Designing and deploying frameworks with Ansible, Kubernetes, Vagrant, and Docker/Podman. Working experience with GitLab and Runners. Experience with security frameworks/hooks into Continuous Integration (CI)I/Continuous Development (CD) process.
Working Environment and Expectations:
- You will need to demonstrate a proven ability to work independently and under tight timelines. You will be an integral part of our client communication process and therefore be expected to convey technical information effectively and concisely to a wide range of audiences.
Certifications: Amazon Web Services certified DevOps Engineer
- Professional, DOD IAT Level II or higher.
- Candidates will be required to have an active Top Secret (TS) Security Clearance with Sensitive Comparted Information (TS/SCI) access. You may also be required to undergo a polygraph examination with our sponsoring client. Our client will sponsor candidates with clearances to obtain the proper program access. Failure to pass our clients polygraph examination will result in removal from the contract. You will be required to obtain this security clearance.
Bachelor's Degree- provided by Dice