Data Engineer -Metadata , Data Discovery and Classification(SAP,SFDC,H
San Diego, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
- Seven to ten years of experience in data governance, data quality, data preparation, or data architecture
- Experience in SAP, SAP MDG, SFDC (Salesforce), Informatica, HANA, and Tableau environments
- Prior experience in all stages of data discovery, classification, categorization and tagging required
Key Project for this Assignment
In partnership with the Legal Privacy, Cybersecurity, Data Governance, and GIS teams this assignment will take responsibility for the inventory and classification of key data assets. Both structured and unstructured data sources will be interrogated to capture a complete inventory of the specific assets, classifying them in conjunction with our classification schema and building repeatable processes to ensure appropriate attestation and handling of the data is in place. This role will be responsible to bring to bear solutions that support enterprise data classification, data discovery and lineage, and publishing metadata into data catalog(s). Under the direction of the Enterprise Architect this role will serve in a techno-functional capacity standing up a new discovery solution and leveraging currently installed data cataloging tools. Role will take responsibility for the enterprise data catalog, its technical management, and expansion of its use.
• Enable metadata management program to represent inventory, classification and lineage
• Configure metadata fields (context descriptions, owners, etc.) and integrate with Informatica Axon
• Connect resources holding structured data to Informatica EDC
• Perform data discovery and set initial classifications/ categorizations
• With technical lead, stand up tooling to discover semi and unstructured data
• Interpret semi-structured data formats, including XML, JSON, and other proprietary formats
• Document functional requirements for technical resources that implement and operate machine learning production models.
• Seven to ten years of experience in data governance, data quality, data preparation, or data architecture
• Experience in SAP, SAP MDG, SFDC (Salesforce), Informatica, HANA, and Tableau environments
• Prior experience in all stages of data discovery, classification, categorization and tagging required.
• Preferred experience with set up, development and configuration of Informatica Enterprise Data Catalog
• Application administration and troubleshooting; Strong understanding of databases and database structures and connecting to databases.
• Understand and demonstrate experience working with semi-structured and unstructured data at Terabyte scale
• Comfortable working with business and technical stakeholders to enable networking crawling solutions, ediscovery, and/or data and file cataloging solutions
• Comfortable working with business and technical stakeholders to support data classification at scale
• Familiarity with Big Data solution architecture from a user perspective, and capable of supporting users that work in a Big Data environment
• Familiarity with Machine Learning and Advanced analytics.
• Ability to effectively communicate technical issues and solutions to business partners, verbally and in writing - MUST be an outstanding communicator.
• Hands-on person with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.