Data Centre Engineer (days)
Resource FM 38000.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Farnborough, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Due to an expansion of the site, our client are currently seeking Electrically Biased Engineers to work on the Data Centre facilities of a prestigious site in the Farnborough area. Working on behalf of an internationally recognised Facilities Management provider, you will work within a team of engineers to provide critical maintenance to the site's M&E services.
Essential / Desirable Skills
* Technically qualified as an Engineer (City & Guilds, HNC etc)
* 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
* City & Guilds 2391 Inspection & Testing (essential)
* HV AP 15 would be advantageous
* Critical Services Experience
* Good administrative skills
* Computer literate
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
The main purpose of this role is to provide assistance to the Technical Manager - you will be involved in administration tasks (switching plans, PPM schedules etc) alongside providing engineering support as outlined below. This is a Monday - Friday role.
• Maintaining and keeping in good repair, the buildings mechanical & electrical systems along with all associated component parts of Data Centre Premises.
• Routine tests, checks and record keeping for all the buildings systems
• Maintain water systems and all records to the highest standard in accordance with L8 Legislation.
• Undertake regular walk-rounds of client areas and plant rooms to note and rectify any defects and to maintain Plant rooms in a clean, tidy and safe condition.
• Liaise and arrange sub contractor support and effectively manage and control all sub contractors, including security and cleaning.
• To monitor the buildings environmental temperature, humidity, and space conditions and ensuring that they are maintained in accordance with the business requirement
• To monitor and adjust as deemed necessary, the building management systems (BMS) to control the buildings HVAC to optimal levels of efficiency.
• Provide rapid and effective response to customer and helpdesk calls and defects.
• Provide innovative solutions to improve building, plant and system energy efficiency.
• Manage, rectify and record defects through the Help Desk to ensure all are rectified within SLA Timeframes.
• Keep the National Supervisor and Account Manager briefed on all issues and progress.
• Provide out of hours engineering cover including weekends to support maintenance, defects and client requirements.
• Use the Log Book System to store all records and certification for the site.
Data Centre Experience
• Good knowledge and understanding of H&S practices and procedures.
• Good technical knowledge of building services systems and plant.
• Knowledge of BMS systems
• Knowledge and understanding of Data Centres / Working in a critical services environment
• Chiller and CRAC Unit knowledge
• Knowledge of Generators and UPS.
• Knowledge of DC Electrical systems
• DC Electrics
• Aptitude Takes ownership of issues and ensures completion.
• Able to organise and manage own work load
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good customer service understanding and skills.
• Self motivated with drive to exceptional service
• Risk averse