Customer Service Representative - San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Call Centre / CustomerService
This position is with the nation's largest pharmacy benefit management company. As the largest pharmacy health care provider in the United States, they are constantly working towards helping people on the path to better health and better careers.
Customer Service Representatives - are you ready to give your career a boost by bringing your talents and expertise to some of the nation's top companies? Let Medix partner with you to give you the edge you need!
Do you want to be a part of a industry that is expected to grow by 18% over the next 8 years? Medix has a great career opportunity for you! We are partnering with a global fortune 15 Healthcare managed organization that offers Healthcare Representatives a stable work schedule with competitive pay and benefits! Let Medix partner with you on your job search!
Job Summary : The Customer Service Representative takes in-coming calls from members, providers, etc providing professional phone assistance to all callers through the criteria based prior authorization process. Maintains complete, timely and accurate documentation of all approvals and denials, and transfers all clinical questions and judgment calls to the pharmacist.
Pay offered for Job Title: $14.00 to $15.00
Responsibilities of the Customer Service Representative role include:
- Initiating and receiving authorization requests under the direction and supervision of a pharmacist
- Requesting and obtaining prior authorizations
- Research and resolve rejected insurance billing issues and /or escalated member issues
- Ability to multitask and use computer based systems simultaneously
- Provide high quality customer service in a phone based environment
- Must have a great customer service skills, professionalism, and ability to speak with Physicians and Pharmacist
Job Requirements of Job Title
- Education Required - High school Diploma or GED required
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule (7: 30 am - 7:30 pm)
- Data Entry and Intermediate Computer Knowledge is a must
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Medix is dedicated to positively impacting lives every day. Since 2001, we have made it our mission to be the leading provider of workforce solutions for clients and candidates across the Healthcare, Scientific, and Information Technology industries.
Our dedicated recruiters are here to help you to find and secure just the right opportunity. We take the time to learn about you, your skills, your interests, and your career goals, and then match you with the jobs and companies that best suit your needs. Whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or direct hire positions, we can help you to find the meaningful and gratifying work that you've been looking for. Let Medix be your partner as you move your career forward. Contact us today!
Once you have been a contract employee of Medix for 30 days, you become eligible for our Benefits Program. Should you elect to enroll, there are three levels of medical coverage to choose from, supplemental dental plans and term plans as well as the option to enroll your spouse and/or children. You can select the best combination that best suits your needs.
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) plan
- Two different fixed indemnity plan add-ons
- Major Medical Plans, including 1 HSA Plan
- Short-term disability
- Life and AD&D
This year's recipient of the Business Ledger's "Entrepreneurial Excellence Growth Award"
Join our network of talented professionals!