Please scroll down, To apply
Cost Engineer - Estimator
Pasadena, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
- Produce project cost estimates for a variety of small, medium and large investments using appropriate tools and systems and according to Client's global and local cost estimates standards and policies.
- Gather proposals, specifications and related engineering documents while working with Capital team members and stakeholders in order to prepare cost estimates.
- Participate project meetings and updates with project managers and champions when needed to discuss cost estimates.
- Prepare, document and maintain reliable and accurate data.
- Ensure all assumptions / clarifications are properly documented.
- Assess cost effectiveness of projects and track actual costs relative to budget and report status on a regular basis to ensure costs are in line with forecasts.
- Investigate and identify cost reduction opportunities through cost analysis review.
- Help define, create and maintain cost monitoring and reporting systems.
- Provide support for any selection and optimization during project development.
- Perform cost reconciliation to previous estimates as project develops.
- Work with the Client's Global PMCoE group to discuss and develop relevant benchmarks.
- Support the capital team with scheduling activities during high demand peaks.
- Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management from a recognized entity.
- Experience in EPC or Project Management in the Oil and Gas industry (minimum 4 years).
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills (minimum 4 years).
- Good to have: Experience interfacing with contractors or teams remotely across multiple sites (minimum 4 years).
- Good to have: At least 1 year experience in using cost estimation software like Aspen In-Plant Cost Estimator.
- Good to have: At least 1 year experience with MS Project.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.