Corporate Project Manager
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
# of Openings 1
Category Research & Development
Sollis Therapeutics is seeking to hire a Corporate Project Manager to be located in Columbus, OH.
Sollis Therapeutics is a clinical stage specialty pharmaceutical company developing innovative non-opioid pain therapies to treat important pain conditions. Sollis' model is to in-license compounds in mid to late stage and complete development work required for approval.
As such, flawless execution is critical to the success of Sollis. Many of the activities include engagement of external vendors and consultants which adds an increased level of complexity to tracking and performance assurance. The Sollis model requires that all staff have a project management mindset although some activities will require formal project management tools and skills.
Support for Design and Budget Development for Major Projects:
Is familiar with project management theory & approaches and is highly proficient in leveraging those skills to develop sound plans for all significant projects.
Leverages a highly collaborative working style to build relationships and ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
Proactively identifies potential risks and monitors for their possible occurrence, avoiding them to the extent possible.
Interactions with other functions:
This role works closely with Sollis leadership and business leads on all projects.
Key Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of a 4-year undergraduate degree required
- Advanced Degree (masters or Ph.D) preferred
- Project Management Certification preferred
- 5 + years experience in a business setting; pharmaceutical or medical device experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage large projects to timelines and on budget, including detailed tracking, troubleshooting, and effective escalation.
- Sound knowledge of business principles with management consulting background highly preferred
- Prior experience in working with outside organizations/groups
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, identify and solve problems
- Excellent leadership, management and communications skills (including the ability to prepare and present effective presentations)
- Strategic planning and continuous improvement knowledge and experience
- Influencing/Persuasion/Negotiation skills
- Proven ability to interact well in a multifunctional team setting
- Can-do attitude
Sollis Therapeutics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to religion, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, alienage or citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, disability, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The role, Corporate Project Manager, is intended to be primarily responsible for converting of Sollis initiatives into clear deliverable oriented workplans. The successful candidate will need to work closely with Sollis leadership, Sollis staff and Sollis vendors & consultants to track all major projects and initiatives.
The Corporate Project Manager will also work with project leads and finance to develop a business case for significant projects and will track all project budgets to ensure delivery is within budget as well as on time.
Summary of Position:
- This position oversees all assigned Sollis projects from a project management perspective.
- This Position works with business leaders and finance to develop business cases and to track budgets.
- The Corporate Project Manager prepares and manages dashboards with metrics for major projects