Cook - Doylestown
Wesley Enhanced Living
Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
Do you aspire to enhance the lives of others while enjoying a positive work environment?
Wesley Enhanced Living (WEL) is dedicated to making a compelling difference in the lives of our residents through providing excellence and innovation in aging services. If you are looking for an inspiring and rewarding workplace, Wesley Enhanced Living is a great place to be!
Wesley Enhanced Living is a retirement community providing Independent Living, Personal Care, and Skilled Nursing services to senior adults. We are seeking individuals whose values align with Wesley Enhanced Living's values of Grace, Honor, and Integrity. Ideal candidates will be:
- Kind and Compassionate
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Committed to Moral and Ethical Principles
- Driven to Provide Enhanced Living to Our Residents
Wesley Enhanced Living is working to set a new paradigm in aging services by always doing the right thing and we need YOU to help us discover new ways to achieve this goal.
Discover the Art of Living and Working WEL
The Cook is responsible for preparing meals for our residents and operation of the kitchen.
Cook essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Instructs and kitchen staff
- Complies with and enforces all sanitation polices/procedures
- Maintains temperature logs for all equipment and prepared food
- Participates in menu planning
- Participates in ordering goods
- Accurate record keeping (checklist, production counts, food/equipment temperature)
- Speaks with residents in the dining room(s) regarding meal satisfaction
- Helps to organize, plan, cook and serve the daily meal as well as catered and special events
- Keeps food storage areas neat and in order
- Ensures proper food handling and storage according to established policies/procedures
- Prepares food according to established recipes
- Assumes responsibility of left-over food to avoid waste
- Tastes food to ensure quality standards are met
- Reviews menu with production staff
Related Experience: Proven culinary skills; 3 to 5 years' experience and/or formal training.
Education or Degree Requirements: High School Graduate or Equivalent. Graduation from an accredited secondary (vocational tech) culinary program, or post-secondary training or graduation from a culinary training program
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations: ServSafe Certification
Equal Opportunity Employer