Consultant Cloud Developer
London City, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Cloud Developer - Python
Are you looking to be part of a team creating something new? In a business where you, your skills and your experience will be really recognised? With colleagues you can value and trust? Where your continued training and development is paramount?
We can provide you with all of that and more in our Customer Experience Practice, where Python Developers joining this team will be instrumental in its continued evolution and success.
Our Market leading position and Partnership with AWS has resulted in ECS having several opportunities to provide solutions to our customers based on Amazon Web Services Serverless products, such as DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3 and Lambda. Specifically, we are looking to bring people into the team that are capable of maturing our ability in developing bespoke applications and back-end integrations.
Our practice aligns itself with these core tenets;
* Let data lead decisions
* Ask yourself whether it benefits the customer
* Apply the simplest solution
* Always challenge the status quo
The technology we work with predominantly includes;
* AWS SDKs (Python / NodeJS)
* DynamoDB, Athena, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, API Gateway
* Amazon Connect
* ElasticSearch Logstash Kibana and some Splunk
* IAM, AWS Config Rules
Being successful in this space means we have opted to use technology that allows us to 'cut to the chase', by proving value to our customers quickly and then working on optimising and perfecting solutions.
Who you are
You've always been able to influence with your technical prowess and have earnt the respect of your colleagues through the quality of your work. You will be able to wear many hats but predominantly focus on creation of value to customers through development of solutions in the AWS PaaS space. You always choose quality over quantity and know how to inspire others to do so. You are able to challenge the ideas and solutions of others respectfully and accept criticism of your own.
* Design, document and develop features and products specific to the customers that we work with
* Provide consultative services to customers, usually working in mixed teams (ours and the customers) to deliver on agreed outcomes
* Interpret customer challenges into software solutions or software integrations
* Develop Proof of Concept alongside our customers, capturing the value and presenting this to wider audiences
* Capture valuable assets you create in order to apply across multiple customers
* At least 2 years working with Python
* AWS Developer Associate Level certification or desire to pass within 3 months
* Proven Experience with AWS Services relevant to the technology we work with
* Experience on Agile Teams as a Python Developer with experience of CI/CD
* Ability to work iteratively in order to achieve value