Community and Events Manager
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Community and Events Manager will sit at Equinox Sports Club San Francisco.
- Manage planning and production of all club events, with focus on building member community
- Building networking special interest groups for members
- Create an elevated experience environment where members feel comfortable spending 4+ hours in daily
- Develop local (and sometimes national) partnerships and influence relationships
- Source and work with local influencers
- Work collaboratively with club management team on event execution and staff presence at events including the set up and break down of furniture
- Oversee and produce all club-level member communications, working with regional marketing manager, work with creative department for development of all necessary assets (Digital, Splash hub, Print materials)
- Build positive relationships throughout the club to inspire event participation and increase communication for member community
- Manage club events using monthly budget tracker to ensure annual budget is not exceeded
- Support Equinox Sports Club brand positioning through club events
- Attend community functions to identify and network potential opportunities for future collaborations
- Frequently moves
- Weekly One-on-One meetings between General Manager and Event Manager.
- General Manager to communicate club updates with Events Manager and review upcoming events/support needed for the week.
- Attend weekly manager meetings and Membership Advisor meetings.
- Attend Monthly Personal Training forums and front desk meetings.
- Collaborate with Regional Sales Manager during onboarding of new Membership Advisor's to ensure new advisors have dedicated training with respect to event success/communication in club.
- Regional Sales Manager and Assistant General Manager (or Front Desk Manager) collaboration during onboarding of new Front Desk Associates to ensure new associates have dedicated training with respect to event success/communication in club.
- Presence at events (management commit to at least 3 events per month).
- GM/RSM to ensure MA presence at events.
HOW SUCCESS IS MEASURED
- KPI'S include:
- Member feedback from NPS (performed monthly)
- Secret shop reports
- RSVP numbers, and checked in numbers managed through SPLASH
- Member engagement and "club-buzz"
- Referral sales
- 5 + Years of events, Public Relations or hospitality experience
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree preferably in marketing, public relations or communications
- Experience in media relations, event planning, plus strong people skills
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability
- Oral and written communication skills
- Frequently move furniture and other equipment to stage event space
- Proven success collaborating with various stakeholders
- Ability to build authentic relationships
AS A MEMBER OF THE EQUINOX TEAM YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- We offer competitive salary, benefits and industry leading commission opportunities for club employees
- Complimentary Club membership
- 30- 50% discounts on all Equinox products and services including Personal Training, Private Pilates, Spa and Cafe' services and Shop items
This Job Description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
Equinox is an equal opportunity employer. For more information regarding our career opportunities, please visit one of our clubs or our website at
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Must have a legal right to work in the United States.