Communications Advisor - New York - Political Risk
New York City, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
We are currently recruiting for an experienced communications/media advisor with one of our key clients in New York. The role requires 2-6+ years of experience - This is NOT an entry-level position.
The candidate will report directly to the senior advisor for communications and work closely with a growing team of communications professionals. S/he will have extensive relevant previous experience working in a PR agency, as a reporter/editor in a newsroom, a communications role in a political campaign, or similar environments.
The workload will be extensive and fast paced and will include drafting, editing, and reviewing a wide range of communications products. This will likely include filing multiple creating and editing press releases, or similar products on deadline and on a wide variety of topics.
As one of the more experienced members of the team, you will help plan and coordinate with more junior team members on the creation of content related to my clients PR, events, planning, and social media.
The team is small so all team members are flexible in taking on whatever tasks are necessary to ensure successful delivery of a given product, event, or campaign. This will at times involve longer hours and the ability to rapidly recognize and respond to changing priorities.
• 2-6+ years of professional communications experience in a PR agency, newsroom, political campaign, or similar environment.
• Crisis communications experience.
• Ability to draft op-eds, speeches, press releases and similar products for senior officials.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and execute campaigns and long term projects.
• Native-level English, Arabic a bonus.
• Strong editing abilities. Experience writing according to a house style guide, such as the AP Stylebook strong plus.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a very dynamic environment.
• Strong communication skills and ability to network effectively in a very diverse team.
• Any additional experience with the UN, international relations, the Middle East in particular are a plus.
• Knowledge of a UN language, particularly Arabic, preferred but not required.
Compensation, Benefits, Visa requirements:
• Sponsorship can be provided for candidates who require a work permit in the United States.