Commercial Officer - High Value Manufacturing
Entech Technical Solutions Limited
Bournemouth, Dorset, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Are you a Commercial Officer with a background in Manufacturing, Engineering or the Aerospace/Defence industry?
Do you have a background in delivering growth within Commercial Offices & been involved in supplier negotiations either singularly or in conjunction with procurement?
Would you like to work with an innovative & forward thinking company who have secured & are continuing to secure some of the most interesting projects in their market?
We are looking to speak with Commercial Officers with strong commercial awareness skills who would like to work with this prestigious client.
The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring EBITA growth, and providing win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence. This a high profile position within the Commercial team, which has been created to work alongside and support the growing Procurement and Supply Chain function.
As a Senior Commercial Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
· Degree or equivalent qualification in Law or Business.
· Broad Contract Law knowledge.
· Experience of working within the Aerospace, Defence, Engineering or Manufacturing industry.
· An understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations is highly desirable.
· Experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk.
· International commercial awareness
· US DoD contracts knowledge would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager for Procurement the role will involve:
· Supporting the supply chain with (and where appropriate leading) contract negotiations.
· Providing advice to the supply chain personnel with regards to contractual positions
· Ensuring that contracts are signed and approved in line with company procedures.
· Supporting the Commercial Manager with (and where appropriate leading) commercial claims (either submitted to the supply base or received from the supply base)
· Supporting new policies and procedures to put them in place
· Ensuring that header contract provisions are flown down to suppliers.
· Ensuring that existing contracts are fit for purpose and highlighting areas which require amendment.
· Providing best fit agreements to the procurement team.
· Reviewing terms and conditions received from the supplier.
· Providing battle of the form guidance to the procurement team.
· Ensuring any contractual change is managed appropriately.
The company are based on the outskirts of Bournemouth and are looking to speak with talented professionals in the local area who are not just interested in the salary - it will be competitive and will fit in with your expectations, they are most interested in talking to people interested in their satisfying work first, then followed by competitive salary.
We have kept the description deliberately short to attract people inquisitive and wish to explore more about this!
Please apply for full details