Collections Advisor (Par Time)
Brighton, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Call Centre / CustomerService
Collections Advisor (Part time)
12 Month FTC Maternity Contract
Salary: £22k-£25k Pro rata
Hours: Mon-Fri (4.5 hours per day, flexible on hours between 9am and 17.30pm)
We are currently looking for an experienced Collections Advisor to join a busy and thriving Property company based in the heart of Brighton. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to join a fantastic, professional company and the successful candidate will be supported and encouraged to achieve industry qualifications after the probationary period.
The purpose of the role will be to maximise the recovery of rental arrears by the development and implementation of recovery strategies for each arrears case.
You will be working alongside the Property Managers, speaking with our customers and clients and applying excellent attention to detail in dealing with tenants in rent arrears and general enquiries. You will be good at communicating, juggling priorities and working under pressure.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Contribute to the identification criteria of arrears cases
• Reviewing all accounts with arrears of rent and agree plans with tenants and councils
• Monitoring arrears performance and managing all rent arrears cases through to litigation
• Dealing with high volumes of incoming & outgoing calls
• Contributing to the effectiveness of the Collections Team through team work and attend Possession Hearings as required
• Data entry and system updates
• Responsible for the receiving of Card Payments from residents, ensuring compliance with the company PCI Policy
The ideal candidate will have the following skills or experience:
• Extensive experience in debt or arrears collections
• Ideally experience in the housing or property sector
• Numerate, Communication, Problem Solving
• Excellent Customer Services skills with the ability to negotiate whilst remaining calm and professional at all times
• IT literate
• Excellent attention to detail
For more information on this role please contact Sarah Nicholas on (phone number removed) or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service