Chief Engineer- Circ Residences CAM
Rivergate KW Residential
Hollywood, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or job functions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary by supervisory personnel.
- Oversee the operational aspects of the property in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the owners asset.
- Effectively manage assigned staff to include activities such as assigning work, determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow and providing supervision and direction as needed.
- Implement preventive, ongoing and anticipated maintenance/repair programs
- Select contracted services by developing scopes of work, requesting bids, monitor performance per scopes of work and contractual agreements.
- Manage multiple employees through effective communication, supervision, training and scheduling to ensure tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Prepares and documents budget requests; administers adopted budget in department.
- Develop multi-year capital project plans and manage the process to complete the capital projects.
- Monitor performance of in-house and contracted services and take necessary action to assure in-house performance and contracted services (security, landscaping, janitorial, etc.) are performing up to our maximum standards.
- Coordinates the preparation of or develops engineering plans and specifications, coordinates required advertising for bids, reviews construction bids and makes necessary recommendations based on lowest and best bids, competency of vendors and consultants and the selection criteria.
- Provides project management for the construction of the municipal public works projects. Oversees assigned projects to ensure contractor compliance with time and budget parameters for the project
- Maintain safety, cleanliness and integrity of all areas of buildings (interior and exterior - including streetscape), systems and equipment for all property users.
- Evaluates center for property needs and recommends improvements as required.
- Oversees the condition and preventive maintenance programs of key asset systems; HVAC and duct systems, fire protection/sprinkler systems, plumbing - sewer mains/clean out. drains/structural building plumbing/sump pumps, vertical transportation, electrical equipment, etc.
- Ensure that retail/commercial tenants are in compliance with lease required preventive and ongoing maintenance for their spaces (pest control, HVAC, exhaust/duct/hood cleaning, window cleaning, etc.)
- Proactively manage insurance exposures at the property ensuring that all common areas throughout the asset are safe for public access
- Develop and implement proactive strategies to resolve property operational and compliance-related challenges
- Perform regular site inspections to assess physical property condition, compliance and overall administration
- Responsibility for completion of annual building systems inspection/testing, maintenance (ITM) requirements
- Ensure expeditious completion of all maintenance requests and apartment turnovers
- Reinforce monthly staffing schedules, ensuring 24/7 emergency coverage. Manage ongoing staff development efforts and skill building/learning initiatives.
- Work cooperatively with Tenant Coordination to expedite the completion of Landlord work, delivery of spaces to tenants and the opening of tenants for business Conducts regular property inspections, identifying all interior and exterior work that needs to be completed and generating the work orders to track completion. Notifies management of maintenance issues and recommends resolution. Immediately corrects any unsafe condition, informing the Property Manager of the condition.
- Keeps Property Manager up to date regarding status of all repairs and maintenance.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts, as well as prepare site maps
- Schedules and executes routine preventative maintenance on all appropriate equipment.
- Organizes maintenance shop, site tech. shop, keeping inventory of supplies and equipment (according to the established OSHA standards). Establishes or follows cost effective methods of ordering supplies, maximizing value for the price. Ensure any/all storage areas remain locked when not in usage.
- Graduate from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in civil engineering or a closely related field and a minimum of four years previous professional civil engineering experience, including at least two years in utilities; or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Up-to-Date EPA Universal and HVAC Certification required from an approved and licensed authority. Swimming Pool Certification (CPO) not required, but a plus. .
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Inventory software and Order processing systems.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments, construction sites or public works facilities. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- This is a drug-free workplace.