Canvasser (Hourly, Part Time) - ACLU of Massachusetts
ACLU of Missouri
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
## Canvasser (Hourly, Part Time) - ACLU of Massachusetts
July 6, 2018
**American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts
Part Time, Hourly Canvasser
Term of Hire 5/16/18 ? 11/4/18
(Weekends and Evenings)**
The ACLU of Massachusetts (ACLU of MA) is a non-profit, public interest organization devoted to defending and preserving the civil rights and individual liberties guaranteed by the U.S. and Massachusetts constitutions and laws. We focus on issues such as freedom of speech, expression and association, religious liberty, privacy, reproductive freedom, equality under the law, freedom from discrimination, drug law reform, voting rights, and protection from government abuses. ACLU of MA achieves this mission through litigation, lobbying, organizing and public education. To learn more about the work of the ACLU in Massachusetts and nationwide, please visit and .
## **Position Overview**
The ACLU of Massachusetts seeks a capable and energetic part-time, hourly Canvassers to do person-to-person voter education on our _What A Difference A DA Makes_ (WADADAM) voter education campaign. In conjunction with the Canvassing Coordinator the position is responsible for canvassing in six urban centers in Eastern MA. Work will take place evenings and weekends.
* Person-to-person conversations.
* Weekend and evening work.
* Travel to six different urban centers in MA.
* Strict adherence to schedules and work plans.
* Positive attitude and ability to have easy conversations.
* Prior canvassing experience preferred.
* Flexible schedule required.
* Ability to travel across the Commonwealth required.
* Previous experience within the criminal legal system preferred.
* Fluency in Spanish preferred.
* Firm commitment to the mission and principles of the ACLU.
* A ?good attitude? is a must ? we?re looking for a creative, flexible, results-oriented, self-starting, hard-working, good-humored team player to join our already great team!
## **How to Apply**
*Applicants should send resume, references, and cover letter by e-mail to *_ with subject line ?WADADAM Canvasser.?_
The ACLU of Massachusetts is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages women, people of color, people with criminal legal histories, people with disabilities, and members of the LBGT community to apply.