Business Intelligence Manager
Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Tech Data has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Business Optimisation team ideally with business intelligence experience (two years plus) . We are looking for a "data translator" who uses logic and investigation to evaluate data, that can advise the business on effective efficiency improvements and profitability advances. Working in conjunction with the Business providing a consistent approach to multidimensional commercial decision making to deliver and maintain enhanced profitability and ROCE across the business.
The ideal applicant can remain rational when dealing with others, work within organisational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues and handle conflict with logic until a solution becomes achievable. Will have the ability to provide the best possible solution to problem solving or decision making by conscientiously testing things, examining facts, trying different alternatives and thinking things through.
The job role is best suited to a person who is self-disciplined, logical, accurate, compliant, factual, conventional, flexible, active and can persuade others in areas of knowledge and expertise. The role may well involve a variety of activities which require attention to detail and the ability to communicate confidently with senior stakeholders, having a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives will all be desirable.
We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Manager. Responsible for delivery and implementation of commercial actions to support organisational revenue, market share and profitability goals.
* Collaborate with key sales and marketing stakeholders on a quarterly basis to define and execute actions in order to exceed company sales and margin targets.
* Identify actions to increase sales and profitability across multiple vendor and customer segments.
* Monitor business performance to identify significant over or under achievement and define initiatives to support.
* Continually identify best practice and operational improvement opportunities
* Understand and incorporate external market trends into Tech Data's commercial strategy where appropriate
* Subject matter expert for SAP, SAP CRM, SAP Business Warehouse.
* Define requirements for internal subsystems and reporting needs to support company goals.
* Support any ad-hoc Commercial Operations projects/activities as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* In depth knowledge of Tech Data systems, transactional processes, commercial structures and overall business dynamics.
* Ability to problem solve through assimilation of multiple data streams.
* Strong ability to influence and partner at all levels of the organisation to achieve results.
* Highly motivated self-starter, able to work autonomously
* Ability to organise & prioritise in line with changing situations and business goals.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels of seniority, both verbally and in writing