Audio Visual Field Engineer
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
The AV Field Engineer - with a commitment to the customer experience, will be responsible for installing and troubleshooting audio visual installations within a team environment. This role requires an individual with high exposure to complex Audio Visual systems and their integration into corporate, government and education environments. The AV Field Engineer should exhibit outstanding and consistent technical skills in areas of Audio Visual design, signal flow, structural integrity, custom terminations, control and DSP programming, and networking. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed to team well with customers, sales and service delivery team members.
- Perform high level site surveys and relay client needs and environment considerations to the design team.
- Staging and installation of complex multi-room Audio Visual manufacturer installations while coordinating with on-site trades, customer IT staff and overseeing the field specialist team.
- Provide regular updates to the Project Manager and work with Solutions Architects to ensure install is being implemented according to the SOW and proactively address potential site or design challenges with corrective resolutions.
- Ability to commission complex multi-room installations using room commissioner tool kit.
- Ability to work with programmers to install basic room control systems, with a solid technical grasp of the installation for complex control systems.
- Commission audio visual manufacturer equipment by de-bugging control system, configure video EDID tables and scalers to provide the best possible video resolution and configure DSP for the highest fidelity audio.
- Provide user and technical level training on all installed systems.
- Complete and submit installation and documentation checklists, including as built drawings, configuration file backups and site photos.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and act as a team lead for project implementations
- Recognize and appropriately escalate client issues to proper resources in the event resolution cannot be reached, including providing detailed and immediate notification and updates to key individuals/ groups affected.
- Maintain discipline and professionalism during all interactions and in all verbal or written communications.
- Basic IP networking expertise and or education.
- Team contributor to overall team success and level of knowledge.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 4-6 years' experience as a lead on professional Audio Visual installations.
- Maintain valid driver's license.
- Good driving record to ensure insurability.
- Experienced with the installation and configuration of audio and video conferencing and their interpolation into a variety of room environments and larger Audio Visual installations.
- Complete understanding of Audio Visual network requirements within larger networks.
- Basic Knowledge of VoIP and analog (POTS) phone systems.
- Crestron Digital Media Certified, with a strong knowledge of the range of Crestron equipment and Toolbox software.
- Biamp Tesira Certified, with a strong knowledge of gain structure, and room acoustics.
- AVIXA CTS-I Certified, with a strong knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- OSHA Certified, with a strong knowledge of structure requirements and safety concerns.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment and communicate daily install objectives to the field specialist while focusing on the full project timeline.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills to diagnose and repair existing Audio Visual issues and proactively inspect and address concerns for new installs.
- Ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
We have excellent benefits which are more than the industry standards including; BC/BS medical, dental and vision plans, STD, LTD, Wellness programs, maternity/paternity leave, 401(k), Domestic Partner coverage, 3 weeks paid vacation to start, plus 5 sick days and 9 holidays. Extra perks: gas card, company credit card, company issued cell phone,
Competitive pay and annual merit increases.