Asst Dir Event Management/Camps Coord
University of Oklahoma
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Organization : Athletic Department
Job Location : Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Schedule : Full-time
Work Schedule : Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm Frequent nights, weekends, and holidays as required
Salary Range : Negotiable
Benefits Provided : Yes
Required Attachments : Resume, Cover Letter
- - -
Assist Assistant Athletics Director of Event Management in all facets in relation to internal/external events held within the Athletics Department. Key role will be event manager/sport oversight for assigned sports. In addition to sport oversight; Assistant Director is responsible for coordinating daily aspects of camp operations held within athletic department facilities. This will include scheduling and monitoring camps, working hand in hand with compliance regarding camp policies and procedures, and ensuring best practices are being met in regards to camp operations. Maintain key working relationships with coaches, staff, visiting teams, patrons, and external constituents in regards to events. Work hand in hand with event operations and facilities (in addition to all other departments) to produce quality execution of all events. Draft policies, procedures, manuals, correspondence, reports, and services for event management data. Assist in conducting Big 12 Conference and NCAA post season championships. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- - -
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work related experience or
- 48 months experience without a degree in Collegiate event or stadium operations
- Some experience planning and/or working public events
- E xperience with facility/event scheduling programs
- Able to multi-task with various projects while maintaining high accessibility and approachability
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills to insure that events are in line with the goals of the department
- Goal and Task Oriented
- Competent on the spot decision making and problem solving
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and some holidays on a frequent basis
- Highly organized
- Ability to communication professionally with administrators, coaches, staff members, and students Negotiating/working with external entities
- Direct communication style; able to give clear specific directions in hectic settings
- Basic budgeting and accounting skills
- Good written and verbal reporting skills for project evaluations
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift heavy objects 15 to 44 pounds
- Ability to climb ladders, crouch, crawl, bend.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Master's degree in sports management or related field.
- 12 to 24 months Event Management and Operations.
- 6 months experience with operating camps at the collegiate level.
- Experience with athletics sports camp
- Student assistants and temporary workers
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check? - Yes
Special Indications : Hiring contingent upon driver's license check
Job Posting : Oct 1, 2018
Unposting Date : Ongoing
Internal Number: 183043