Applications Development Analyst - Jr level
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
On-site Location: Tallahassee, FL
Interview: Face-to-face (no exception)
Scope of Service:
The candidate selected for this position must possess a hybrid of skills and abilities in application development, business analysis and high level project management. The selected candidate will be working directly with customer requests and will be responsible for gathering and processing customer requirements as well as keeping up to date project documentation. They will facilitate incoming and outgoing communication, scheduling meetings, drafting and analyzing documents. The candidate must know how to develop reports utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), create and maintain SharePoint sites and workflows, while balancing additional work efforts as assigned. The selected candidate must have an understanding of WEB building/monitoring and compliance tools. The candidate must have excellent communication and organization skills with a keen attention to detail.
Bachelors or Master s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
1. Experience in Visual Studio and/or ASP .NET. - Required
2. Experience in developing reports utilizing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
3. An understanding of WEB building/monitoring and compliance tools.
4. Experience in creating and maintaining SharePoint sites and workflows.
5. Experience working on agile project teams is highly desired.
6. Experience assisting or managing small projects is highly desired.
The activities this candidate will be tasked with include, but are not limited to the following:
District Application Support:
1. Local in-house developed applications, websites, and SharePoint sites.
2. Assists with the support of various SharePoint sites, lists, and document libraries.
Functional Office Technical Liaison:
1. Responsible for meeting with local functional offices to assess and recommend technology to assist in meeting their goals.
2. Gather, document, and manage business and technical requirements.
Enterprise Application Liaison:
1. Will work with the local users to identify their technology and application needs.
2. Work with the Central Office Bureau of Application Services to meet those needs.
1. Research and understand DOT business processes and their inter-relationships.
2. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) for relating to Customer and understanding their requests.
1. Manage and update project status tracking.
2. Filing reports for document retention purposes.
1. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments for him/herself.
2. Knowledge of newer ASP.NET technologies such as Web API, MVC, Single Page Applications.
3. Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft SQL Server required . Oracle Database Server and DB2 a plus.
4. Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and IIS.
5. Knowledge of multimedia concepts.
6. Skills in designing, developing, and maintaining relational databases.
7. Skills in source code management using SVN, Git, or Team Foundation Server.
8. Skills in PowerShell scripting.
9. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
10. Skill in coding, thoroughly testing, and debugging applications with Visual Studio.NET, VB.NET, C#.NET and ASP.NET.
11. Skill in developing and maintaining SharePoint sites and utilizing SharePoint Designer.
12. Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing.
13. Ability to evaluate and resolve computer application and system problems.
14. Ability to work effectively with users to identify and document requirements for the maintenance or development of computer systems.
15. Ability to identify and define user needs and to analyze and design computer programs, in accordance with the Department s standards.
16. Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments.
17. Skill in interpreting and communicating technical information both verbally and in writing.
18. Ability to organize, properly document, and maintain technology project documents as necessary.