Application Developer .NET/C#
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Our client, is seeking an Application Developer for a contract role in Calgary, AB.
Makes decisions and recommendations on highly technical or complex issues and without formal guidelines or precedents and exercises resourcefulness and ingenuity to interpret policy
Manage very complex or multiple projects and is considered a SME and has the ability to influence others.
Oversees projects and ensures alignment with business goals. Leads a work group or project team. Develop and document software based on a defined set of design and performance requirements
Adhere to processes defined by the Technical Lead and Solution Architect Provide estimates of work effort
Proactively provide ideas to improve proposed solutions
Actively participate in application design, database design, schema layout and data loading Actively participate in code walkthroughs/inspections as per the software development process and Quality Management Plan
Prepare sample data and unit test plans
Troubleshoot and corrects complex bugs or issues (including performance issues) Develop and execute unit and integration tests as per the project plan Assist in the set up and execution of demonstrations as required
Align all work effort with the project schedule/work plan
Innovative Senior DevOps Engineer with a strong .Net/C# background and 10+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing cutting-edge deployment automation of cloud resources.
•?Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tool GIT
• Maintain build profiles in Team Foundation Server
• Manage GitHub repositories and permissions, including branching and tagging
• Administration of DevOps tools suite: AWS, Teamcity, GitHub, Octopus Deploy, and Splunk
• Deploy code to different environments like Dev, QA, Production, and DR
• Experience using the Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) tool to leverage requirements gathering through identifying user stories and defining acceptance criteria.
• Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, AWS CLI, RDS, lambda, IAM, Route 53, API Gateway, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch, and Cloud Formation
• Migrating On - premise infrastructure to cloud platforms like AWS and AZURE and involved in virtualization with VMware
• Working with release and deployment in Java/J2EE, C, C++ and ASP .Net Web applications environment
• Experience with databases MS SQL server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and RDS
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.