Application DBA Senior
Linthicum Heights, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Job Title: Application DBA Senior
Work Location: Linthicum,Maryland
Client : State Govt of MD
Duration: Long Term
Interview: Skype Video Call and F2F .
- Provides query and database performance tuning support.
- Researches, evaluates, tests and implements database technologies and features.
- Reviews and approves logical data models; participates in physical data modeling and creates associated database structures.
- Identifies and implements database monitoring, capacity planning, and performance monitoring processes and tuning.
- Tests new releases of DBMS. Supports the promotion of new installations into production.
- Performs database troubleshooting, production on call support, development and QA environment support.
- Supports database object change management/promotion from development to QA and production.
- Provides information and training to the users in order to maintain the smooth operation of the database environment.
- Conducts and reviews database performance tests to verify performance objectives and quality standards.
- Interacts with developers, other database and systems administrators and data security personnel in coordinating implementations of new releases and providing access to objects of the shared databases.
- Continually strives to find innovative ways to improve quality and productivity.
- Complies with all applicable MD THINK Program software policies, standards, and practices including all standards relating to security and disaster recovery.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- At least10 years of performance tuning experience with DB2/Oracle/SQL Server/Postgres databases associated tools, and utilities.
- Fundamental database design skills and understanding of logical/physical modeling.
- Ability to tailor database features and performance options to application design requirements (e.g. web-based OLTP systems vs. ODS and data warehouse implementations).
- Broad expertise in supporting development teams with database access, SQL tuning/EXPLAINs, Stored Procedure use and design decisions.
- Experience with database backup/recovery.
- Experience or willingness to learn skills needed to support Open Source RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and NoSQL type databases.
- Experience with agile/devops a plus.
Functional experience in Federal and/or State health and human services (HHS) programs is preferred (i.e., Child Welfare (CCWIS), Child Support, Adult Protective Services, Juvenile Services, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Women, Infants & Children (WIC), Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), Medicaid, Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Care Management, EHR, Child Care).
please,send your resume to- provided by Dice