Apparel Designer II, RCC
Puma North America Inc.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
At PUMA, we are in constant pursuit of faster. That extends beyond our support of the fastest athletes in the world. We also work to be fast in how we adapt to and connect with the constantly changing world around us. Through innovative design, iconic footwear and apparel, and authentic partnerships, we aim to always push what's next in both sport and culture.
That hustler's spirit can be felt across PUMA categories, partnerships, offices, and countries. And we are always in search of talent that can help us set the pace at which sport and culture collide, as well as finding better ways to connect and collaborate with our communities.
PUMA supports over 13,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and Dobotex, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- Contribute to the annual product design strategy while delivering and executing innovative product design concepts, in order to achieve Business targets and further category objectives.
- Contribute to the quality of products' design content in order to reinforce and strengthen the brand position as well as generate consumer demand.
- Challenge the global brand positioning guidelines to ensure consideration of new product and program ideas and appropriate modification when necessary.
- Under the direction of the Team Head of Apparel Design, collect market intelligence, providing all involved with accurate and up-to-date information on design trends and developments.
- Launch innovative product design ideas in line with specific product strategies.
- Identify functionality requirements and ensure accurate use of database systems in order to gain competitive advantage.
- Identify opportunities for design support in order to improve business processes and enhance customer/consumer intimacy.
- Participate in product range-related meetings, such as design, fabric and trims meetings, vendor meetings, factory meetings and fit sessions.
- Deliver projects in line with the appropriate timelines and Puma's development calendar.
- Work in cooperation with other designers and Team Head of Apparel Design to incorporate global seasonal design directions, palettes into product designs.
- Partner with graphic design team in establishing seasonal concept and graphic direction.
- Partner with Team Head of Apparel Design in creation of seasonal category creative direction, trend, and color presentation.
- Team with World Cat Sourcing offices and developers in research of fabrications techniques and applications. Develop thorough understanding of the capabilities, flexibility and limitations of source base.
- Coordinate with garment developers and technical designers to assure fit and styling.
- Create and execute apparel products and ranges that are brand, channel and account appropriate and meet the critical cost and margin requirements.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of detail sheets, CADS, and tech packages based on design time and action calendar.
- 3-5 years sportswear apparel design experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree with a design concentration.
- Advanced skill level in Illustrator.
- Strong graphic driven design sensibility.
- Skilled at utilizing product data-base development tool (PRM/PDM).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good group presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a busy office environment.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects at various stages at the same time.
- Knowledge of sport-lifestyle apparel market, color and trends.
- Understanding of sports performance apparel design preferred.
- Ability to effectively use Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires 10% domestic and international travel.
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.For additional information, please contact: